Part 13: Chloe's Point of View

It finally time for the awards. 

 I'm so nervous, I'd love to win my first competition with Studio 19, especially since we are competing against the ALDC. 

Finally after the music, the Head Judge starts announcing awards. "First in our Junior Solo Division we have a top 10." My heart starts beating really fast. He's up to 4th place and I haven't been called yet, I start to think I never placed. 

"In 4th place, is Maddie with 'A day in the life of yours truly' " I beamed with happiness when I look down at Abby, who was crying in her chair. I feel horrible that I wanted to smile. 

 "In 3rd place is Rachel with 'Bring on the Boys' " I didn't know her, but I didn't think her solo was that good, I can't believe she got 3rd. 

 "In 2nd place is Mackenzie with 'Look at Me Now' " I was so happy, especially because Mackenzie beat her sister. I realize that now, I either got 1st or didn't place, my heart races. 

 "In 1st place we have, drumroll please... Chloe with 'This is the Start'!" I jumped for joy and ran up to the stage. I never felt happier as they put that beautiful crown up on my head. My mom looked happier than ever.

Next was the duet, since Sarah was only 7 and Mackenzie was 9, the duet was in the mini division, but mine was in the junior. 

Mackenzie and Sarah won 1st place with their duet, and I won first place with Gabby. Matt was so happy! It was finally time for the group dance awards. I was still in a very happy mood because of my win. 

 "In 2nd place, we have 'We Shine Above the Rest' from the Abby Lee Dance Company." There was clapping, Abby was frozen. Paige went up to get the award. 

 See, when I was at the ALDC, we had a deal, if we got first place, Maddie went to get the award, Second pace, Me, but Paige does it now. 3rd, Brooke, 4th, Kendall, 5th, Mackenzie, 6th-10th, Nia. 

"And the overall group dance winner goes to... 'A new beginning' from Studio 19!" We all went up to accept the award. The MC turns to me, "Who's your choreographer?" I look out into the audience. "Mr. Matt Walters." 

He smiles, then the MC says, "Come on up Mr. Matt." Matt looks surprised, but he walked onto the stage looking prouder than ever. Once Matt is on the stage the MC looked at him and said, "Is this your first competition Mr. Matt?" Now Matt looked right at Abby. 

"I used to work at the Abby Lee Dance Company, but after I saw how she treated her students, I decided to leave and start my own dance company, this is our first competition as 'Studio 19 Dance Complex'." 

The MC looks at Matt, then to Abby, then to us. "Thank you and well done to all of you." I was so happy, but my mom was even happier. 

"Let's go out for ice cream everyone!" Matt screamed in the dressing room loud enough for all of us to hear. "Yay!" We all screamed. When a very upset looking Melissa, Abby and Maddie walked into the room.