Part 10: Mackenzie's Point of View

I'm so excited for my duet with Sarah, Sarah is my best friend at Studio 19 besides Chloe. 

We have a lot in common, for example, we both have small fluffy dogs, and our favourite dance style is Acrobatics.  

The competition is in 2 days and I'm especially excited because Maddie and Asia have a duet called 'we hit harder' that is in my division.  I really want to beat them, to show my mom, my sister and Ms. Abby that giving me up was a mistake.  

I run the dance over and over at Dad's house (Matt adopted me, and wanted me to call him dad) over and over until it was perfect.  I'm really ready for this competition.  I pray tonight for 5 minutes that I will win and beat my sister.

------Time Skip to Competition day-------

I sit next to Chloe and Sarah on the bus.  This bus ride was really different than the ones I rode at the ALDC.  

For example, on ALDC bus rides, It was all about Maddie, and when Maddie wasn't looking, she would hurt me, Chloe, and Paige.  Abby would yell at us the entire time and say things like "You all better be like Maddie today."  

But this bus ride was very calm, all we did was talk and play games and have a good time.  Dad's not yelling at us, he's watching Game of Thrones on his tablet, the moms aren't fighting, and everyone is just having a good time, I hope it's always like this.  

We get off the bus and see no sign of the ALDC, I was relieved, I really didn't want to see my sister before my dances, she might intimidate me.  Once we get to the dressing room, guess who comes in, Kelly, Brooke and Paige's mom.  Christi screams with delight. 

"Hi Kelly!" she says, running up to hug Kelly.

Kelly squeals back "HI Christi, I've got to go before Abby finds out I'm here, but I wanted to wish you ladies good luck today."  

I smile, "Thank you!" 

"Alright," she laughs, "See you guys after the competition?" 

 Matt smiles, "We'll be there."