Part 9: Chloe's Point of View

(A/N  Thank you guys so much for almost 100 reads!  This is a time skip to when studio 19 opens and Chloe and Mackenzie take their 1st dance class)

I can't believe I'm saying this but dance seems even more fun than before!  

My teachers don't scream at me, I'm not put down, and I don't have to deal with Maddie being "better" than me all the time.  I also never knew that Uncle Matt teaches pointe, he is really good at it too.   Even though he never gets up on pointe because he doesn't own pointe shoes, I've learned a lot. 

I'm in a acrobatic jazz class right now, I'm behind in acrobatics so I'm in the same class Mackenzie is in.  

The only thing that I don't enjoy about Studio 19 is Paige and Brooke refused to come because their contract didn't expire for another year and they didn't want to buy their way out of it.  I still take gymnastics with Paige, but it's not the same.  

Right now, we are focusing on learning a standing back tuck for our competition in a couple months... against the ALDC.  I'm kind of excited because I have a solo called 'This is the Start'  and Mackenzie has a solo called 'Look at me now'.  

My solo is about studio 19 opening and creating a new future and Mackenzie's solo is about how far she's come as a dancer because, to tell you the truth, she's accelerating very fast and is becoming really good. 

I'm also excited because on the roster, it said Maddie has a solo in my division.  It's called 'A Day in the Life of Your's Truly' and I thought she couldn't have gotten any more bratty.  

I've made lots of new friends here who are really nice.  Like Gabriella, or Gabby, for short, who is 16 years old.  I know she is much older than me, but she's like a sister to me.  Gabby and I have a duet called 'where have you been?'  It's about how we became friends after about 5 minutes.  

Mackenzie made a new friend named Sarah, who used to go to the ALDC, but moved to Studio 19.  Sarah and Mackenzie have a duet called 'dancing to the same beat' because Sarah and Mackenzie look exactly alike.  

We have competition practice 4 times a week for 3 weeks until our competition.  We are going to a competition called In10sity dance in Baltimore, Maryland.  

The group dance is called 'A New Beginning'  It, like my solo, is about starting a new life here at studio 19.  I'm hoping and praying that we will beat the ALDC, so Abby can see that putting Mackenzie and me in Maddie's shadow was a bad idea.