Part 12: Mackenzie's Point of View

I had just finished my solo and was so proud of myself, but we had to leave for the group dance.  

We were walking down the hallway when suddenly, "Ladies hold up!"  We turn around to see Ms. Abby walking towards us.  

"Um, yes?"  Chloe says.  

She points to me, "Your feet weren't pointed and your back wasn't straight,"  she looked at Chloe, "and you need to spot better during your a la secondes."  We were under attack, and we didn't know what to say. 

Finally Christi comes in and saved us.  "Excuse me Abby, but you are not their dance teacher anymore," then she turns to look at us, "come on girls let's get ready for the group dance" and we walk back to the dressing room while Chloe gives her mom the 'thanks for saving us' look.

Pretty soon, we were ready to go on stage, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. When I turn around, I see my sister.  "Good luck Kenzie."  She says in the most sarcastic voice I have ever heard. I try to stay positive. 

"Thanks Madison, good luck to you to!" I snap at her. She's furious that I just called her Madison and I giggle a little bit.  Before I knew it they called us onto the stage.

When the music started, it was just Chloe and me, representing that we were the first 2 members and then slowly other people joined until we were a big group of people doing "great things together as a family".  

The concept was kind of cheesy, but I loved the choreography.  Especially all my acrobatic tricks. After the routine ended, we walked of the stage and watched the ALDC routine called "We Soar Above the Rest", how ironic?  

The routine was pretty good, Maddie and Kendall messed up a few times, but I was still really worried about who would win.