Part 18: Mackenzie's Point of View

Chloe just BURNED Maddie and Kendall, but I needed to focus on the group dance.

The look on Matt's face made me so proud when I perfectly landed my triple pirouette. Chloe and Gabriella looked fabulous. Although I would've liked to be featured in the dance, I'm still really proud of them.

"That was amazing!" Kelly, another Studio 19 dancer says to Chloe.

"Thank you," Chloe replies, "Gabby, you were amazing too." she says.

"Thanks," Gabby says. "Did you see the look on Matt's face when we all perfectly landed our triple pirouettes?"

Just then, right before they went to preform, Maddie and Kendall come up to us.

"Well, you didn't fail, but it was still pretty bad." Kendall says.

Maddie then turns to me, "and that," she points to the stage, "is no way to land a triple pirouette."

I'm about to cry so Chloe quickly steps in, "I would say something mean back, but I don't want to go down to your level." Then she turns to us, "come on guys let's get ready for the solos.

----------------

Back in the dressing room Matt tells us how proud he is of us.

We were all really happy with our performance, but we needed to get ready for the solos.

When we get to the stage we see Maddie in her solo costume which is actually really nice. She is about to go on when she turns to us, "Watch, and learn" she says with a smirk.

Maddie goes onstage and does a decent job, but it wasn't perfect or anything. Then Nia went on, even with bad choreography, she did amazing. Kendall's solo was okay, but like Maddie's, it wasn't perfect.

It was finally Chloe's turn, and she blew everybody away, Matt was so proud of her.

I was about to go on when I hear a whisper, "Good Luck." I turn around thinking I would see Chloe, but instead, there was a boy.

He was around my age and looked like he was about to go perform a solo.

I turn around quickly, "Thanks, you too."

I admit he was kind of cute, and I was a little embarrassed that I didn't answer and start a conversation.

It seemed like I spent hours thinking about what I should have said. But they finally called me out to the stage.

I finished my solo as best as I can, when I finish, the boy is there waiting for me.

"That was so good!" he says.

I think I blush a little, "Thanks," there was a little bit of a silence "If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

"Jack" he says, "and yours?"

"Umm," I hesitate. "Mackenzie."

He looks at me, "That is a beautiful name, what studio are you from?"

"Studio 19, you?" I ask.

"Abby Lee Dance Company"

If you're enjoying this story, check out my other one Chubby!