Part 11: Chloe's Point of View

After getting warmed up in the dressing room, I was ready to go on stage.  The first act was my solo, to be honest I was really nervous.  

This was the first time that I was competing without the ALDC.  And who would've guessed, immediately after my solo was Maddie's solo.  

Before I knew it, I heard, "Next on the stage is Chloe with 'This is the start'"  I walk on and do my routine the best that I could.  When I finish, I look down at Abby and she looked shocked.  I was so proud, Abby finally regretted putting me in Maddie' s shadow all the time.  Huh, with good choreography and a nice teacher, I do pretty well.  

The next look on Abby's face was envy.  She always accused me of being envious of Maddie and here she is envying her former employee for his choreography. 

I curtsey and walk off of the stage and wish Maddie good luck, she looks shocked and envious to, but I don't say anything.

Maddie does her solo pretty well, so I was a little concerned but I just shook it off and went to my dressing room.  The next solo was Mackenzie, I give her a little pep talk and watch her go out onto the stage.  

As soon as she steps on the stage I see her face go blank, my heart starts beating really fast.  Then she gets this really confident look, and I know she remembered the dance again.  The music starts and she starts soaring through the air with all her acrobatic tricks. 

Sometimes I wish I could do those tricks like her.  I have asthma, and it's really hard for me do to acrobatics, so I'm a little behind.  

She finishes the dance with a strong look and walks off the stage.  I give her a hug, "That was so good!  You were amazing."  She looks really happy. 

"Thanks Chloe.  Let's go back to the dressing room and get ready for the group dance."  "Okay"  I say, and we both skip along back to the dressing room when...

(Comment what you think will happen next)