see you at sunrise

Harley woke with a pounding head and aching bones. She was clouded with confusion momentarily as she sat up in a bed that wasn't hers. Natasha was lay snoring to her right, so she carefully lifted the sheets off herself and tiptoed out of the room, making herself a coffee to wash down the painkillers she desperately needed. She poured a cup for Nat taking it into her bedroom and leaving it by Nat's bedside. She snuck back out of the room, downing the rest of her coffee and slipping on her boots. She wandered out of the apartment as quietly as possible, not wanting to face the wrath of hungover Natasha. 

The sun was still low, barley peeking over the skyscrapers spanning across the skyline. She could see her breath in the cold spring air which sent shivers down her arms. The street was practically empty, with the zooming sound of cars echoing in the distance. She took a moment to indulge in the city air, wanting nothing more than to feel the ripple of the wind through her hair as she hurtled down the road on her bike. Days like this reminded her of her Mother. 

Harley was torn from her thoughts by the slamming of a door, causing her to jump out of her skin, letting out a small yelp. She clutched at her chest laughing quietly at herself, spinning around to find the origin of the noise. 

"Oh you've gotta be shitting me." She mumbled as she locked eyes with Him.

~~~

The previous night Bucky and Steve had gotten rather tipsy and ended up inviting over a few girls they had saved in their phone, just wanting to have 'a bit of fun'. They looked like bad photocopies of Pamela Anderson. Their bleach blonde hair glowed almost white and their large tits bounced as they walked, purposely swaying their hips for an added allure.  The four got even more drunk and Bucky ended up going back to one of the girls place. He had no fucking idea what her name was but he just needed to bone someone to get Harley out of his head. No. He wasn't going to think about her, only the specimen beneath him. 

After his ridiculously long night, he awoke with the sun, slipping silently out of the gaudy apartment. He didn't bother leaving a note, knowing for certain he would never see her again. He slid out onto the quiet street below, pulling the lobby door firmly behind him. It was a little chilly, so he pulled out a cigarette, the smoke warming his body. He glanced down the street, taking a double take as a flit of crimson red flashed in his eyeline. 

There she was, beautiful as ever. Even with last nights makeup smeared down her face, and her fiery ringlets sticking out in every which way. He watched as she straddled her motorcycle, avoiding all forms of interaction. He stepped towards her, admiring the way her back curved as she leaned over the handlebars. 

"Hey there girlie." He smirked leaning into her. "Nice wheels."

She glared up at him, grinding her teeth together in an attempt of stopping herself from throwing her helmet at his smug head. He took a drag of his cigarette exhaling a cloud of smoke into her face. She coughed and spluttered at the unexpected surprise.

"Can you fucking not?" she whined, fanning a hand in front of her face dispersing the rest of the smoke. 

"Sorry." he uttered throwing the cig down to the floor and crushing it under his boot. "What you doing here?" He asked breezily. 

"Leaving." Harley smiled sarcastically at him, she hated the way he stared at her with that cocky smirk plastered over his smug face. as she gazed over his appearance, she realised his hair was unusually scruffy and his clothes were clearly a day old. Harley's breath hitched slightly, noticing a smear of red lipstick on his neck, plunging her to a whole new level of fury. She had no right to be angry, and she knew that but she just could not help it. Her features hardened, tilting her head. "What about you?"