almost sweet

They spent the whole week in Bucky's apartment, rarely leaving each others side. 

He'd disappear for an hour or two in the case of a 'work emergency' but he'd com right back to her. Harley barely even spoke to anyone else, shooting Nat a text or two just to let her know she wasn't dead.

The majority of the time they spent fucking each other. They just couldn't get enough. From the minute they woke up to the minute they went to sleep - they barely even got up to eat, he'd just disappear and come back with a bowl of cereal and two spoons.

And the time in between Bucky spent picking her brain, prying every last detail about her. She even began to tell him about her childhood, - the better parts anyway, but it was a start. 

He was beginning to realise that she was pure madness, a madness which was a beautiful irony in which her perfections and flaws were one in the same. She could feel that he looked at her like there was something worth looking at.

Bucky began to enjoy waking up beside her, often waking up early so he could watch her peacefully sleeping which is definitely not as creepy as it sounds. He adored the way she'd snore softly, and how her nose scrunched up as she dreamt. 

Eventually they both decided it was time for Harley to go home, not because either of them wanted her to but because she had to. She couldn't exactly spend her life living in his clothes and having sex 24/7, although she did consider it once or twice. 

When he dropped her off on the Friday morning Harley made the goodbye as short as possible, not wanting them to change their minds and go back to his place. She kissed him quickly, jumping out of the car and waving goodbye as she wandered up the steps to her apartment. Walking in, she realised just how tiny her place was compared to his and how lonely it felt. She tried to get some proper sleep, in her own bed before her shift at the bar. Until she got a phone call.

"Hey Harley, how you been?" Danny said through the phone. 

"Hey Danny, what do you need?" She tired not to sound as miffed as she was. 

"We have a meeting at three I'm afraid, Johnny can't make it." Of course.

"I'll be there in a few hours." Harley sighed ready to end the call so she could have a quick nap. 

"Wait. It's not with us, it's at the George Barnes building." Danny responded, Harley's stomach dropping. "I know you hate him but James Barnes is going to be there so please just try and be nice. I'll pick you up at two thirty, I've gotta go."

Harley almost screamed when she ended the call. She had five hours before all hell was going to break loose. How the hell was she supposed to have a fair business meeting with him? They'd both have to act as professionals, and not people who definitely want to tear each others clothes off every chance they get. 

This was going to be a fucking disaster. 

When Danny arrived Harley slipped on her favourite pair of black heels. She had decided to wear her black lace bralette, which left very little to the imagination, and a short black skirt just to tease him a little. It wasn't very professional but she didn't give a shit, just threw a large blazer over it to make it look like she tried. 

His building was only a couple blocks away from their own. It wasn't as tall or as large but it was rather pretty, with black tinted windows covering every side of it. Harley always hated going to other peoples buildings for meetings, she never quite felt comfortable. And this was no different. 

She strode along the black shining floor, trying to look as confident as possible, towards the reception desk. The receptionist was absolutely stunning, hair perfectly tied at the back of her head, long nails tapping at the keyboard. She smiled politely, taking a second look at Harley as she handed over their visitor badges. She waved a stumpy little man over who guided them to the elevator, explaining which floor they needed to go to, and who would be meeting them there.