For the Same Reason

Neha's POV (Flashback)

I tried to convince her nothing is wrong with me. I didn't want her to worry about me since it's her wedding and should be happy. After lot of insisting I told her everything about Arjun and everything that happened between us in the past and few days back.

After hearing everything patiently she was in deep thoughts for some time.

" I think he loves you Neha " she said calmly

" No way Em. If he loves me he would have expressed. He didn't even call me all these years. He knows Who I'm but refused to accept me as his Sweety and talked to me as Karthik's friend " I denied her thought 

" You never forgot him all these years and is in love with him deeply right . You recognized him right away. Why did you talk to him as stranger instead of expressing your love" she questioned 

" I was scared that he might be angry with me. He was friendly as Karthik's friend. I can't bear his his anger or hatred. I will be happy as long as he is friendly to me. I love him. I'm not fortunate enough to get his love" 

" Exactly! He also might have thought like you. If he didn't love you or feared of loosing you, he would have talked as your relative. Trust me Neha, he loves you. Talk to him openly instead of sulking. This isn't movie that everything will have happy ending somehow. He came for few weeks. You will not get the chance again. Don't regret later. I want you to be happy" she said

She is right. There is a chance he would love me back if I express. He will return to India soon get married and live his life. I don't want to regret in future. After this marriage I will meet Arjun and express my love.

" Thank you Em. I will express my love as soon as I meet him"

Next morning passed in blur. Evening there is party for all Em's and Ed's friends.

Em and Ed sat in the same table holding hands looking into each other's eyes. I imagined me and Arjun in their place. 

Everyone were teasing the couple. They both looked so beautiful together blushing. 

Em's cousin went to Dias, took the mike and said " Hey everyone! There is time for fireworks.( today is 3rd of July. Em Ed are getting married on 4th of July) . We all can see love in the air teasing the couple. I think we should all tell our own love stories starting with the bride and groom.

Em and Ed told their love story . Everyone clapped for them wishing  both blessed life. Their's is cute love story. No twist and turns. They are together from preschool friend then lovers and soon spouse. I wish it was like that for me. 

Then some people went to Dias and started telling their own love stories. Most of them were crush nothing serious. Some are sincere.

Then I saw Arjun on Dias. Is it my imagination? How can Arjun be here?