Lucky to be with the people who loves me

Niharika's POV

I felt someone tapping my shoulder and calling me . I slowly opened my eyes to find Siri next to me . I must have fallen asleep while remembering the past . The car is stopped in front of a small old house but beautiful one . There are so many beautiful flowering plants in front of the house making it beautiful . 

We got down from the car and went inside the home to be welcomed by Siri's mom . She has beautiful smiling face . 

"Hello Neha! Siri always talk about you

"Hello Neha! Siri always talk about you . It is so nice to meet you finally . Go freshen up and come, we will have breakfast" She said in soft voice  then turned to Siri and said " Take Neha to her room".

Siri took me to a room and left to give me some time to fresh up. Room is small but clean and nice. I took shower got ready and went downstairs. Siri and her mom were waiting at the dining table. I went and sat there. I'm damn hungry and the dining table is full of my favorites but there are too many. I don't know how she managed to make these many dishes just for breakfast.

 I don't know how she managed to make these many dishes just for breakfast

"Food looks so delicious maa (mom)... sorry aunty. I really missed Indian food after Siri left USA. But you don't have to take so much trouble to  make these many items aunty" I said appreciatively .

"Neha, I will be more happy if you call me maa (mom). You are also like my daughter . I know how much you like Indian food and I was not sure what you would like to eat so I made these" she said lovingly. I could feel my eyes tearing up with her love . 

"Thank you so much maa. That's really so nice of you ".

"kids don't say thanks to mom. If you want to thank me, help me finish these dishes ".

I tried hard to control my tears . I decided to eat at least little bit of everything. The food is so tasty but after eating 2 bites I started to feel uneasy. I continued to eat with so much difficulty because I don't want to hurt their feelings. 

"What happened Neha ? Are you all right?  Isn't the food good ?" Aunty asked with concern.

"Food is amazing  but...." I couldn't complete my sentence... had to run to restroom holding mouth with one hand and stomach with the other.  After emptying my stomach I came out of restroom to find Neha and aunty waiting for me with worried looks.

"I'm fine. Its just that I didn't have proper sleep or food in the flight. If I sleep for sometime I will be fine" I said reassuring them.

Siri helped me to my room as I'm feeling giddy and too weak to walk . I closed my eyes but couldn't sleep . After sometime aunty came and gave me something   I don't know( she said it is buttermilk with lime to help my stomach upset )  to drink . I really felt good after drinking and don't know when I slept .

I woke up to the voices in the next room around 6:30 pm .

" Neha still didn't wake up. Call bava ( Brother - in - law ). Let him check her . I'm worried mom, she threw up in flight too. Should we take her to hospital" Siri was telling aunty in shaky voice .

"Let her  sleep Siri.  It is because of motion sickness you mentioned and lack of food and sleep.  Everything you told about her is right, she is innocent and lovely kid.  I don't need years to know a person. One look at her I can tell what kind of a person she is. I just met her today but already love her as a daughter. I'm sure she will be fine once she wakes up. If not I will call Kiran. Don't worry" Maa tried to calm down Siri .

I'm so lucky to finally have people who love me . Mom cares only for money and social status . Dad keeps himself busy with surgeries to stay away from mom . I never received any love from them. 

I think I'm destined to receive love and care only in India. My aunt uncle and Ravi used to love me so much. Last time I was here they were not at home. Only Arjun, my worst enemy was there.