Chapter 27

Arjun was sleeping when his phone rang . He took the call without looking at the caller name .

Neha : Good morning Arjun

Arjun : Good morning Neha

Neha : Did you sleep well ? I'm sorry to disturb . I will be there in an hour , get ready by then . 

Arjun: Thank you for waking me up . See you then

Arjun was in the kitchen making tea when Neha arrived . 

" Ready to go " ? Neha asked 

" Lets drink tea and go . I'm sorry couldn't find anything to  make  breakfast " Arjun said

" It should be the other way , me saying sorry for not getting you breakfast . Lets grab something on the way " Neha said smiling

Neha took Arjun to Dunkin donuts for breakfast . 

" I'm sorry Arjun , couldn't get Indian food . We can try that for dinner " Neha said apologetically

" It's ok , I'm fine with anything " he said 

" You don't eat chicken on Friday right but do you eat egg   " Neha asked apologetically before she could stop herself from saying those words

" How do you know I don't eat chicken on Friday " ? Arjun asked

" hmm... I ... yeah Karthik told me " Neha said cursing herself for her slip and lame excuse . They both know she is lying .

" OK . I can eat egg " Arjun said and Neha ordered 2 Egg cheese croissants , hash browns and 2 iced lattes.

They both ate in silence .

" What is the problem in the office " Arjun asked Neha in the car

" Karthik didn't tell you " ? Neha questioned

" He told but I want to hear from your point . I know you too worked hard on this project " 

" The software we developed is stolen by our competitor with the help of one of our employee . We are supposed to give the demo in 10 days . Last week the company that stole our project announced they are going to release it  next week as their own product . 

That employee took all the data and erased everything regarding the project . There is no way to prove it is our product . If we announce it is stolen and need time , the clients will loose trust in us and also we have to pay huge compensation . Other clients also withdraw their investments and we have to shut down the company returning all their money . There is no chance of getting new projects if that happens .

The profit for the rival company from this project is very less . Karthik  offered double their profit to get back the software . They bluntly refused for the talks . How can a small company which is 3 months old could do this ? There is something fishy . Perfect planning and execution . To do this , they should have planned before even starting the company . Their intention is not the software or money but our downfall " Neha briefed the problem in professional tone  surprising Arjun , gaining his admiration . 

" What ? Karthik tried compromising with those bastards ? " Arjun asked shocked

" He was desperate Arjun . He know how much money and trust you put in him . Not only that , he said it was you who developed it . He didn't want your hard work stolen . He likes you so much and ready to give up his pride for you . I disagreed with him for compromising and asked to inform you . That's when he called you to take your help . Suddenly his dad was admitted in the hospital and had to leave you alone . It was very tough for him " Neha defended Karthik .