I Know Everything About You

Arjun's POV

I sat in the living room watching TV. Sweety came out from mom's room after half an hour and directly went to my room. It is awkward for both of us now after what happened. She is not going to come out of the room.

She sat up on the bed as soon as I knocked her door. "Can I come in "I asked and she nodded yes 

"I'm hungry and planning to order biriyani ( Indian fried rice ). What do you want to eat?" I asked

she nodded no, looking down

"I will order garlic naan ( flat bread ) and butter  chicken for you . It's 3 :00 pm already . You need to eat something" I said

She looked at me in surprise and I know why, they are her favorite & she must be surprised that I know her taste. We hate each other but I know every little thing about her .

"I'm going to order the food and you pick any movie. Let's watch while eating" I suggested shocking her. I usually do the opposite of what she want and here I'm giving her choice. I don't know why I'm doing this. Maybe to make up for my behavior .

By the time I ordered the food and came she picked X - Men : First class movie. X - Men series is my favorite ad she doesn't like .

"You don't like Science fiction movies. Pick something you like. I'm ok with any DVD from  there as I myself bought them" I said

"Actually I like science fiction movies & X - Men series is one of my favorites too. I watched all of them. Because you like them, I said I don't like"  she smiled sheepishly .

I laughed saying 

"Its ok. I too do things exactly opposite of what you want even though I want it same way as you"

Half the way through the movie food  is delivered & we continued watching while eating . I asked her if she wants to eat some biriyani. She nodded no. I already know that she cannot eat spicy food.

Around 5:30pm, I got call from my friend asking what time I reach airport. Oh my God! I totally forgot about my college trip to Munnar. I finished my final year Engineering exams 2 days back and all my friend decided to go for a trip before we all part. Flight is around 7:00 pm to Ernakulam and from there we would take car to reach Munnar .

How can I go leaving Sweety alone here? She cannot survive single day here. I don't even know how she managed to take cab and came here. She doesn't know the language properly .Her telugu ( local language )is funny, only we could understand. Now her language is improved. I hate her, so I used to trouble her so much. That doesn't mean I harm her .

"Karthi ( friend ) I cannot come today because of a situation but I will join you in 4 days" I said 

He tried to persuade me.

"you know how much I wanted to spend time with all of you as I don't know when I can meet everyone again. I was the one who planned this. Please understand, I have a situation at home" I said sadly .

He said , he would manage all the friends as they all love me so much and can't take my absence.

"Arjun you don't have to cancel your trip because of me . I can manage" she said in low voice.

"It's ok I will join them as soon as mom returns. How can I go leaving you alone? Just 2 or 3 days, I'm sure they will be back " 

"I'm  sleepy " saying that she  ran to her room controlling her tears.

Not knowing what to do I sat in the living room watching TV. All my friends are boys. Most of them have girlfriends. Many girls tried to grab my attention and proposed me but I never paid attention. I'm university topper but not a nerd. I  enjoy my time with friends and actively participate in extra curricular activities like basket ball , cricket , tennis , music ( I'm a a good singer and play guitar ) and dancing. 

Around 7 she came out of the room with her bags and said "Arjun I will stay in Ravi's room"

"That is my room  in your absence. You like that room, I promised mom that it will be your room whenever you are here"  I said

"Your luggage is there and since Ravi is not here, his room is empty. I can stay there" she  said

"My luggage is already packed, I can just take it to Ravi's room. Its your room Sweety"

"It's  my room right ! I can decide who will stay there So you stay in my room" she said smiling  

Seeing her  smile my lips curled into smile automatically .

We usually fight for same things but today we are sacrificing for each other. Weird!

"Arjun! I don't want dinner. I want to go to bed. I didn't sleep properly in flight because I was too excited about the trip. I'm too tired, going to Ravi's room. Eat dinner and sleep. Good night"  she said in a friendly tone and went to Ravi's  room with her bags.

I didn't feel hungry , just ate an apple and went to bed. Remembering all the events of today don't know when I slept .

I heard knock on my door .