What you see is not Truth every time

Neha's POV

"Neha, stop" I looked at Karthik hearing his voice

What is Karthik doing here? When did he come

"Do you trust me?" he asked

"More than anyone Karthik" I replied. Yes that's true. I trust him more than any anyone, more than Arjun. He was there in my bad phase. If I'm alive today, he and Emily are the reason

"Your dad don't deserve your love Neha. Why do you crave for his love? He abandoned you, never cared for you....."

"Karthik, what are you talking?" Aunty shouted

"Truth is always bitter aunty. Your brother doesn't deserve respect or love. Do you know Neha tried to kill her self twice?" Karthik didn't back out

Everyone gasped. Arjun and Karthik knew. But from the look of Ravi, I felt he too knew.

"Karthik?" I shouted. I don't want anyone to know about my past

"Don't stop me Neha, everyone should know. They should know their mistakes and I want you to know the truth about your life which you didn't realize "

What is he talking about?

"If there is anyone who loved you selflessly, it your mom. All your life she tried to protect you. She was strict to you so that you wouldn't go through what she went through"

What???

"Think Neha, your mom was always there for you, gave you everything you need before you even ask. You didn't see her love because in your mind you created her as a bad person, selfish money minded and never loved you.

In reality, you are the sole reason she is alive. She compromised her life for you. You think you never got love and all alone. In reality your mom is alone, your dad never gave the love she deserve. She fell in love with your dad. I'm not sure if your dad really loved her. She became pregnant with you. Your grandparents got them married immediately" 

What? Mom was pregnant before marriage?

"Your dad took mom to his parents. They didn't accept her. They disowned him. That day what your dad said broke her heart, 'can't live without you, if you don't agree I will leave her but don't abandon me'.

I could imagine mom's pain. I experienced it. In my case, I made Arjun to give up on me. But what happened in mom's life is unacceptable.

"After knowing she is pregnant, they accepted her for heir. They never loved her always taunted about her culture. Your dad never supported her.

When you were 5, your dad left you with your aunt in India. You lived for 4 years. Everyone filled your mind with bad image of your mother. She is money minded, never loved you or your dad. She loves business more than you that's why she left you here"

I lived with my grandparents and aunt's family for few years when I was kid.

"Why did she abandon me?" I asked

"Ask your dad Neha"

I looked at dad

"She was busy" he said

"Oh really Mr. Shiva?" Karthik mocked in anger

"Is it not the truth?" Aunt asked my question

"Half truth. As if you don't know aunty. I always respected you but what you and your family did is I'm not able to digest"

"What are you talking Karthik" Arjun asked

"Anna aunty's parents  died in accident, she was still doing MBA and the burden of the company came to her. One day she slipped from stairs and had miscarriage. Instead of giving support to her, Mr.Shiva blamed her for being focused on company and killed his child"