Can't forget him

After 5 years

Neha's POV

Everyday I wait for Arjun's call . He never called me in these 5 years. I don't know what happened even my aunt never called. She used to call me once in every month before my India trip. I called her many times, initially she just cut my call without talking. Later her number stopped working. Ravi is in London. I don't have his number. He too didn't contact me. 

There is no point in asking my mom. My dad seem to distance himself from me. He refused to talk about it. Actually I hardly saw him after my India trip. He seldom takes my calls and keep it short conversation. I felt lonely.

Next year during my summer vacation I asked my mom if I could go to India. She bluntly refused and said I can't ever go to India. I tried every year but no use . 

I graduated from high school and about to finish my college. I love my aunt, uncle and Ravi but the feelings I have for Arjun are different. Not a single day passed  without me thinking about Arjun. Those 3 days I spent with him became the most important days in my life. I want to re -live  those days everyday . I didn't really understand my feelings for Arjun initially . Years passed  but I couldn't forget him even  for a single second and I want to spend my whole life with him. That's when I realized I'm in love with him.

Sometimes I thought  of myself a fool to fall in love with a person who hated me all his life and was nice to me just for 3 days and never contacted me all these years. Still I couldn't get over him .

I wanted to become doctor but my mom made me join business management course. But I was happy that I could make real friends for the first time in my life in college. Me , Emily , Edward and Jake became very close friends. Emily and Edward are high school sweethearts. They are so in love that sometimes I feel jealous. Jake is different story, changes girlfriend like shirt but is really sweet guy, makes everyone happy with his lively nature . 

During my third year of college, I met Siri and became very close. She became sister I never had . She used to make Indian dishes  for me . My life became colorful with 4 of my friends but Arjun never left my mind. I missed him each and everyday.

In my final year of college, mom introduced me to Karthik . Her dad is investor in mom's company. Karthik started his own business and when I wanted to do project work, she asked me to take Karthik's help and do it in his company. I was scared initially thinking he is like  other spoilt rich kids from her business circle. He is anything but like them. I really started to like him.

Siri finished her studies and we had party before she left. We played truth or dare in that party . Jake asked me" Did you ever think you could fall in love with anyone or have romantic feelings  " . 

Everyone laughed  at his question . I was  never interested  or spoke about any  guys . Jake used to tease me I would become nun .

" I have been in love with a guy since 5 years" I said 

"What ???? " they all screamed in shock . Shock was an understatement . I couldn't control my laughter .

" You are kidding right " Jake asked 

" No " I replied 

" Who is that lucky one . How come we don't know " Emily asked 

" I last met him 5 years back . We don't have any contact . I don't even know if I could meet him again  . please don't ask me further " I said controlling my tears 

They all became silent not knowing what to say .

After Siri left I was depressed . Emily , Edward and Jake were busy with project work . I already finished mine. Once again  I started to feel lonely but I was always happy whenever Karthik is around . I started to spend more time with him working in his company . My mom was more than happy as I was taking business seriously .