Why all bad things happen to me always?

Nikarika's POV

5 years back

Precap  :  "Mom and dad went to North India tour and Ravi is in UK . Don't worry mom and dad will return in 15 days and Ravi after 6 months " he said grinning evilly .

" What ???? "   I  shouted

"Oh my God! Sweety your expression  is priceless. Let me take a picture, stay like that" he said literally rolling on sofa with laughter. That means its a lie .

I  threw pillow at him and shouted "How dare you! I apologized and asked you nicely but you...devil lied to me. How could you do ? You know how scared I was!" I tried to control my tears .

Seeing my expression he stopped laughing and said "mom & dad really went to North India tour. They are supposed to return by tomorrow but due to floods in that area, all the transportation is temporarily  stopped . They will return as soon as the transportation is restored. It may take 4 -  5 days. There is also power outage in that area that's why phones are not working. What I said about Ravi is true"

4 - 5 days ? what am I supposed to do now ? thinking I ran into my room (Arjun's) crying. After a while I composed myself, thought I should not be like this. If I can manage 4 - 5 days aunt & uncle will be back. 'Who knows, transportation may be restored tomorrow itself  and they might return in 2 days' I thought to myself.

I should not show to Arjun that I'm sad . Moreover I should get back to him for making me to apologize him . I saw a packed travel bag on bed and I got a brilliant idea. I came out of the room saying,"wow Arjun!  you already packed your luggage to move to guest room . I used to think you are dumb, didn't  know you became this smart" I teased him .

"You really think I'm shifting to guest room?especially when there is no one to support you?" He said raising his eyebrows.

True. He is not going to do that. Suddenly my stomach started to make rumbling noises .  I totally forgot that I didn't eat anything since last night busy fighting him. I'm damn hungry . I went into kitchen to find something to eat. I found only mango juice in the fridge and started to drink from the bottle not bothering to pour in the glass .

As I came out of the kitchen, I saw Arjun sitting on the sofa and eating dosa ( Indian pancakes ) . Hmm ... dosa ! my favorite . I went to dining table to find empty hot box and little chutney . What the hell ... He is eating dosa without giving me .

"Devil! where is my dosa?" I shouted

" HMMMM... dosa is so yummy today. I can eat all the 5 " he said loudly making me angry .

I went & stood in front of him with both my hands on my waist and asked  "where is my breakfast ? why are you eating without me ?

"Maid came in the morning and made breakfast for me. I'm glad I didn't finish it earlier. Since I'm being cordial , cannot share with you" he said throwing my words at me and he continued to talk to himself " I never ate this yummy dosa before. Its melting in my mouth" making my blood boil.

I poured  mango juice  on his head, grabbed his plate and ran to my room and locked the door.

" What the.... " he started screaming and started banging my door.

"Sweety!  What did you just do? Open the door and apologize to me for what you did or I don't know what I'm going to do " he continued banging the door .

" I  did what you asked me to do Devil " 

"What  do you mean " he shouted

"Remember you asked me to pretend you are not there and do whatever I want and how can I apologize when you are not here " I said throwing his own words at him. God ! this is so entertaining .

He continued to bang the door while I finished my dosa . I slowly opened the door and peeped after he stopped banging . Suddenly Arjun grabbed my hand and poured ice water on me and started laughing .

My anger reached peaked

"How dare you do that" shouting I started to throw things at him . Brilliant idea popped in my head. I stopped throwing things and went to kitchen to get eggs from fridge . As I took the eggs out Arjun came from behind and held both my hands tightly.

"Apologize to me and promise that you are not going to do such silly things. For God's sake , you are not a kid any more" he said in serious tone . 

"Of course I'm a kid. I'm just 16, you are 20, start acting like an adult. Which 20 year old would act rude to a guest and keep them hungry while eating their favorite food without sharing and also pour ice water on a girl" I retorted .

He tightened his grip as I struggled to free myself. I tried to kick him but he was quick and pushed me to the wall and held me tight . 

"There is no way to escape. Just say sorry and you are free" he said smiling .

I struggled hard to free myself not giving up. I felt twisted pain in my stomach and very uneasy . I felt the urge to use washroom. I stopped struggling, tears started to flow. He freed my hands and I ran to washroom crying . 

God why things like this happen to only me. Why now?