Proposal

Arjun's POV (Flashback)

I went out for shopping to get gifts for Emily and Edward. I never met them but with one phone call Emily gained my respect. I understand her importance in Sweety's life and  how much she loves Sweety. 

I found platinum couple watches. Thought perfect for the couple after knowing their love story from Karthik.

After shopping , had lunch and went back to hotel. I'm waiting for the evening to come so that I can propose Sweety. But time moved slowly. I remembered SLOTHS bank scene from ZOOTOPIA movie. Today time seem to work like sloths.

Finally it was party time. Sweety came in black knee length off shoulder dress. She looks so beautiful. She didn't see me.

Some of the people are telling their own love stories. My Sweety seems to be immersed in her own thoughts. Guess she is thinking about us. She sighs and seems to be sad. I hope she will be happy always and I want to be the reason for her happiness.

After some time Emily texted me " go Arjun, what are you waiting for. All the best"

I took a deep breath and walked to Dias. Sweety didn't see me yet.

" Congratulations Emily Edward. Thank you for having me here and giving me this opportunity to express my love" I thanked Emily whole heartedly. This was all her planning.

Sweety looked at me with wide eyes. She pinched herself not believing. I laughed at her antics

" There is a girl in my life. I have known her all my life. I absolutely loathed her, found ways to hurt. Everything changed 6 years back.

She asked me why do I hate her so much. I tried to think of a reason, couldn't come up with anything. That's when I realized how wonderful she is. She is cheerful , full of life, kind hearted always helping others. She is filthy rich but never show off. Everyone in my family loves her. I was the only one who hated her.

I realized I hate her because I remember her mom whenever I see her. I hate her mom so much. I felt ashamed of myself when I realized my hatred for her is baseless and she deserved nothing but love. I asked her sorry and she forgave me without even thinking and said let's be friends. How can she forgive me so easily when I troubled her for no reason. She is an angel. I was so happy.

My happiness was short lived when she had to leave me and go the very next day. She stored her number in my phone and asked to call her but I lost my phone. I tried so much to get her number from my family but failed because of some misunderstanding between our families. I had no way to contact her.

I realized how much I love her and missed her. My day starts with her thoughts and ends with hers. I never slept in my room after she left because it was hell without her. I shifted to guest room. 

After I joined office I bought ring 💍 with my 1st earnings to propose her. It's been with me from 5 years. I always carry it so that I can propose as soon as I see her. I wasted my time with her fighting. I don't want to waste anymore time like that.

I met her 3 days back but was scared that she hated me for not contacting her all these years and there is no reason for her to love me since I troubled all her life and was nice to her just 2 days."

Then I looked at Sweety.  She has tears in her eyes.

" Sweety, I love you so much. My life is lifeless without you. I want to marry you, have kids, grow old and die together. Please give me a chance"

There was pin drop silence except for Sweety's sobbing. I think everyone guessed. They were looking between us.

Emily went to Sweety and patted her. She got up and hugged Emily. Everyone is looking at them now. She seems too weak to stand. Emily made her sit in chair.

I ran to Sweety, sat on my knee. 

" I'm sorry for all the pain I caused. I love you and can't live without you" I said

" you thought of proposing as soon as you see me. It's been 3 days. Yet didn't propose. I'm angry with you" she said acting angrily but her face lit like full moon

Everyone shouted " propose her , propose her"

I took her hand in mine made her stand and sat on one knee

" Sweety, from my childhood whether it's hate or love, you are the only girl in my heart. My thoughts are always around you. You are my sun ☀️ Please be love of my life . Will you marry me" I poured my heart

" yes Arjun. I can't live without you. I don't know how I lived all these years. I don't want to spend even a single day without you. Thank you for coming into my life and making me part of yours. I love you " she said hugging me

I slipped the ring I have been carrying for 5 years on her left ring finger and kissed it.

Everyone clapped for us and congratulated .

" It's my wedding and you took the limelight. Maybe you should get married tomorrow and I will get married sometime later" Emily teased smiling. " We are so happy for you" Edward and Emily added

I'm on cloud ☁️ 9 .