❄︎

3 years later:-

3 years later:-

"You look amazing" a lady complimented Maya and she said thank you for the nth time today. Indeed she looked beautiful. Wearing a white saree paired with just simple jhumkas she looked like a goddess.

She walked past a group of people and her eyes searched for the man because of whom she was here. Not finding him anywhere she knew where he would be. Noticing no one's eyes were on her she slipped away from the so called Diwali party.

"Not again Adi!" She almost screamed at the man who was sitting comfortably beside the pool smoking cigarette.

"Shit!" He cursed and crushed the cigarette.

"You promised me" she folded her arms infront of her chest and glared at the man who was still sitting on the bench.

"I know. I am sorry. I couldn't control myself" his head hung low.

"How many times have I told you that whenever you feel the urge to smoke just think about me or if I am around just hold my hand" she sat next to him.

"Yeah! Sorry" he apologized again.

"It's fine but don't repeat it again" she smiled looking at him.

"You look so beautiful today" he complimented her.

"Thanks" she hugged his left arm and shifted closer to him.

"Are you enjoying?" He asked to which she rolled her eyes. They were attending Mr. Rao's Diwali party who was one of the investors in Aditya's company. He didn't want to be alone in this boring party so he brought Maya along with him.

When Maya along with her mother shifted to Mumbai what she least expected was to find a friend. But one day she bumped into Aditya in her apartment elevator and they instantly clicked. Aditya was not only her friend but her neighbour as well. Over the years they both grew close and now were bestfriends.

After Maya came to Mumbai she never looked back. She did send a wedding gift to Agastya but never met him. Agastya called her few times but the conversation between them was now very formal. And as the time passed those calls stopped coming. Both of them got busy with their lives and now were happy. She wasn't sure about him but she surely was happy.

"Can we go home?" she asked.

"The party has just begun. Just an hour more and then we can leave" he said and took her small hands in his big once.

Aditya's phone started to ring and he excused himself to get the call. Maya sat there and admired the man infront of her. He was tall, dark and handsome. He was successful and loving. He was stubborn but Maya knew how to make him do things.

"Let's go. If people see we are missing from the party they might start gossiping about us" he held out a hand for her and he happily took hold of it.

"Wait" she stopped on her tracks.