Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

"Are you serious, Viyana? I can't believe this, studying was acceptable but you are even doing a job

"Are you serious, Viyana? I can't believe this, studying was acceptable but you are even doing a job. If you will go to work who is take care of the house?" Viyana's mother yelled at her through the phone.

"Maa I will manage and Kiaan doesn't have any problem with me working" Viyana explained.

"Oh shut up! Your husband won't say anything but you should use that brain of yours. Did you ask your in laws?"

"I did and they are happy that I am trying to be independent. Maa can you for once be happy for me?"

"I will be happy when you do something you should actually do" with that her mother hung up the call.

Viyana got a well paying job last week and Kiaan was over the moon. Why won't he be happy at last he was the one who motivated her to take that step. Viyana sighed and threw her phone on the sofa. How can she think that her mother will be happy after knowing this?

She tried so hard to make her parents proud of her but she failed everytime. Maybe it was time to give up on that task. But this was not the only thing that was bothering her. What bothered her more was her menstrual cycle. She was a week late and that scared her to core.

"Viyana?" Kiaan called out for her from the kitchen.

"Coming" she quickly got up and made her way towards the kitchen. As soon as her husband was in sight she hugged him.

"How did it go?" he asked placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"As usual. She is not happy again" Viyana said with a sad smile.

"It's okay Vi. I am happy for you and that is why I made your favourite rajma chawal" he said and tighten his hold on her.

"I love you" Viyana confessed.

"I love you more" Kiaan said.

"Kiaan, there is something you need to know" Viyana said as he detached herself from him. He hummed in response and shifted his focus on the gravy for rajma.

"I might be pregnant" Viyana said and Kiaan stilled. He looked at her thinking she might be joking but looking at her expression he knew she was serious. "I am a week late" she  added.

"So? What do you think about it?" Kiaan asked switching off the flame.

"I honestly don't know. If I am pregnant then a part of me is happy that the symbol of our love is growing inside my womb but a part of me is sad because I am not ready to be a mother yet" Viyana said.

"Whatever it is we are together in this" Kiaan gently cupped her face and pecked her lips. "Should I go and get some pregnancy tests?" he asked. She nodded.

"Okay! Can you please take care of the food?" he asked and she nodded again. "I will be back soon" he kissed her on her forehead and left.

Three years of married life and his love for her was still the same. Viyana quickly prepared the food and patiently waited for her husband to return. Once he was back she took the paper bag from him and rushed inside the washroom.

After twenty minutes when she came out she saw Kiaan sitting on the edge of their bed and waiting for her. Hearing the bathroom door close Kiaan looked at her asking about the results.

"Negative. I am not pregnant" she said forwarding the pregnancy tests. Kiaan took them and stared them for a while.

In those twenty minutes he had started thinking of the ways in which he will spoil his child but seems he will have to wait for that. Viyana couldn't help and a sob escaped her mouth.

"Are you okay?" Kiaan asked softly.

"Looking at these negative results broke something in me. Maybe I was secretly hoping to for the tests to be positive" Viyana sobbed.

"Viyana its completely fine. Look at me" he cupped her cheeks and made him look in his eyes "Motherhood is a choice. We won't have a baby till you are ready. Okay?"

"Yeah!" she cleaned her tears and hugged him and in return Kiaan hugged her back.

Three years back both Viyana and Kiaan found their love and happiness in eachother. Getting married to eachother was one of the best decisions that was forced on them. They loved eachother to moon and back and their happiness was in eachother. Who said that you can't find love in arranged marriage?

The story has come to an end.

Share your views.