❄︎

"Abhi bhi kaam?" Mrs

"Abhi bhi kaam?" Mrs. Sangita scolded her daughter.

"Kya karu maa? Ab yahi zindagi hai" Maya said in a dramatic manner.

"Chup kar! Aur yeh bata ki shaadi kab kar rahi ho?" Mrs. Sangita sat next to her daughter on the sofa.

"Mujhe nahi karni shaadi" Maya said focusing on her laptop.

"Toh kya zindagi bhar kuwari rehne ka irada hai?"

"Haan! Kuch galat hai kya uss meh? Mai independent hi aur mujhe kisi admi ki zarurat nahi hai"

"Aur baacho ka kya?"

"Uske liye shaadi karne ki kya zarurat hai? Baache toh ase bhi aa jae gai" Maya replied nonchalantly.

"Shaadi ke bina baache nahi hote hai" Mrs. Sangita said.

"Maa I am 27 not 7. I know you need to have sex to have children and you I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about adopting them" Maya replied.

"Jo bhi. Ab ja kar soo ja, bahot raat ho gai hai" she ruffled her daughter's hair and went in the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Maya switched off her laptop and kept it on the tea table infront of her. Tomorrow was Sunday so she can relax. A week has passed already and Agastya shifted in the apartment above her's a day before yesterday.

She could sense the change in Agastya's behaviour towards her and after yesterday's events it was pretty clear to her that he was jealous of Aditya.

Flashback

Maya has just returned from the office and was waiting for the elevator to open. She was surfing through Amazon looking for some phones for her mother. She was engrossed in her phone when she felt someone's presence behind her.

"Hey!" came Agastya's voice.

She turned around to see Agastya smiling at her. "Hi!" she greeted back.

"Planning to buy a new mobile?"

"Yes! Maa needs a new one so..." Maya said awkwardly. She hates when someone peeped into her phone. But then again it was Agastya, her bestfriend or maybe ex- bestfriend.

"Always a responsible daughter. You haven't changed a bit" Agastya encircled his arms around her shoulder and pulled her for a side hug. Maya smiled remembering this was something they used to do whenever they complimented eachother.