𑁍

Inaya banged her door shut

Inaya banged her door shut. Last thing she saw before closing the door was Prithvi's emotionless face. She took deep breaths to calm herself down. She sat on the couch and her eyes filled with tears. Fighting with him didn't feel right. She whipped her unfallen tears and took out her phone and ordered pizza. She was hungry and right now only food can comfort her.

She went to take a shower and as soon as she was done the delivery guy arrived. She got comfortable on the couch and started munching on her pizza.

Once she was done she sat on her bed and replayed everything that happened today. Everything was good but then Prithvi spoiled her mood. She has started to Prithvi as something more than a friend and a neighbor but she she knew that she was just a girl next door for him. Maybe it was a sign that he is not the one for her. But every time she thinks about him or is close to him her heartbeats abnormally and this has never happened before.

What he did today was wrong. A simple hello would have not costed him anything. She was angry but also wanted to know the reason behind him anger. It was already past midnight but she wasn't sleepy at all. She grabbed her laptop and opened the folder where she has stored her family pictures. Clicking on her parents picture she smiled. She misses them. Why do they have to leave her so early? She was going through her pictures when the door bell rang. This time Inaya knew who could it be bit decided to ignore. The door bell rang again and was followed by a knock on the door. Inaya didn't move an inch from her place. Her phone pinged indicating that she has received a message. She unlocked her phone and saw that the message was from Prithvi.

 She unlocked her phone and saw that the message was from Prithvi

Suddenly there was complete silence. Inaya sighed in relief. She kept her laptop aside and got up to get some water. As soon as she open her bedroom door she bumped into something. 

"Ouch!" she rubbed her forehead.

"Are you okay?" Prithvi immediately wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her closer.

"You? How did you come in?" Inaya asked when she heard his voice.

"Well you forgot to lock your balcony door" he now stood few steps away from her.

"Seriously? What are you doing here?" Inaya glared.

"I am sorry, Inaya. I can explain" he said moving closer to her.

"You don't need to give any explanations, Prithvi. I am no one to you" saying this Inaya went in her bedroom.

"No. Don't say that" he followed her.

"I am really tired, Prithvi. Can we do this some other day?"

"I won't be able to sleep knowing that you are hurt because of me. Please listen to me once" he held her small hands in his large once.

"Why did you do that? A simple hello would have costed you nothing" Inaya yelled finally showing him her anger.

"I know but I hate that woman" Prithvi said greeting his teeth.

"Why?" she asked.

"She is the one because of whom I don't believe in love. She is my mother, Inaya" Inaya froze. She never saw this coming.

"What?" she asked and Prithvi nodded.

"She left me and my father because she fell in love with someone else. My father was so heartbroken, I was so heartbroken but she continued living her life peacefully. I was just five when she left me and dad behind. And can you believe that even after doing such things she wanted me to love her. How can I, Inaya? I hate her. I hate her so much. You asked me why I don't believe in love, right? Because love can ruin people. Love can destroy everything" he sobbed.

Inaya whipped the tears that were rolling down his cheeks and hugged him. He hugged her back and cried. He has been holding everything inside him for so long and today he was finally letting them out.

"It's going to okay, Prithvi. I am with you. Always" he tighten his hold around her and she let him cry. Once Prithvi had no more tears left they pulled back. Inaya cleaned his teary face and pecked his lips. When she realized what she did she gasped.

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to do--" before she can complete her sentence Prithvi pecked her lips. She looked at him with widened eyes.

"Can I kiss you, Inaya?" Prithvi asked and in response Inaya leaned forward.

Prithvi crashed his lips on hers. They poured their feelings for each other in that kiss. In that kiss was the sweetness of passion, a million loving thoughts condensed into a moment. In that moment of the kiss their chemistry became an ever-bright flame. In that moment of kiss they were in each others protective cocoon. In that kiss was the promise of years and sweetness of waiting for real love.

They finally pulled back when they were out of breath. Prithvi rested his forehead on hers and smiled as they looked into each other's eyes.

"I think you should hear your mother's side of the story" Inaya said.  

Do give your reviews.