Dɪᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ Yᴇᴛ Uɴɪᴛᴇᴅ

*Now you can follow me on Instagram

*Now you can follow me on Instagram. I will be posting character aesthetics and sneak peeks of the stories there. Insta id- __inaraaaa__*

"Baat ki tum ne aapne mummy papa se?" Asad asked looking at her. She shook her head in response.

"Mere ammi abbu bahot khush hai. Woh tum se milna chahate hai" Asad interwined his fingers with her. She looked everywhere but him. "Kya hua?" He asked when he received no response from her.

"Daar lag raha hai. Agar unhone mana kar diya toh?" Yashvi's eyes filled up with tears.

"Yashvi, desi parents are very unpredictable. You can hardly guess their second move. When you will think they will laugh at the joke you cracked they will scold you for wasting time on useless things and when you tell them something serious they will laugh as if you have cracked the funniest joke ever. So, just talk to them" Asad pulled her closer to himself as they sat in a park enjoying their Sunday.

"Are you sure about us?" Yashvi asked as she shivered due to cold breeze. Winters in New York can be deadly.

"Are you?" He questioned back and she nodded in response.

"Yashvi, agar mere Allah aur tumhare Ganpati Bappa ne humeh milwaya hai na toh kuch soch kar hi milwaya hoga. Aur ishq na kabi assan nahi hota aur jo assan hota hai woh ishq nahi hota" Asad cupped her cheeks and placed a kiss on her forehead.

Asad and Yashvi crossed paths four years back in a conference in Seattle and from there an epic love story was born. It was love at first sight for both of them. They fell for eachother without even knowing eachother's name. Asad took the first step and asked her out and she happily agreed. Well luck was on their side. They lived in the same city and their office was just walking distance away.

After a year of hanging out with eachother almost every weekend when they couldn't control their heart anymore they confessed their love for eachother. And now here they are three years later planning to get married.

Yashvi's phone vibrated in her pocket. Fishing out the phone she saw her mother's name.

"Maa must be waiting for me. I promised her that I will bake cookies with her tonight. I should get going" she sighed. She didn't want to leave his side. The distance between them was now unbearable.

"Call me once you talk to them" Asad got up and helped her as well.

"Okay! I love you" Yashvi hugged him.

"I love you too" Asad immediately wrapped his arms around her petite figure and kissed her on the top of her forehead.

They parted ways and Yashvi drove back home in silence. Entering her home she found her mother chopping vegetables for dinner. Hearing the door unlock she looked up and found her daughter smiling at her.