Eᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

As the sun shone brightly in the sky Abhinav along with his mother sat on the breakfast table with Tara's family

As the sun shone brightly in the sky Abhinav along with his mother sat on the breakfast table with Tara's family. He wanted to spend some time with them before he says goodbye.

Tara was sitting silently next to Abhinav. She wasn't feeling well from past few days and today was no different. Everyone thought that it was because Abhinav was leaving soon but only Tara knew the actual reason behind it. She just needs to confirm it. Everyone was busy chatting when Abhinav's phone rang. He excused himself and went in a scheduled area away from the crowd. When he came back he looked little tensed.

"What happened, Abhi? Everything alright?" Tara asked.

"People from the other side have started firing. It seems like a war is going to break out. They want me to come as soon as possible" he said and looked at Tara who now had tears in her eyes. "I will be leaving tomorrow morning" he added and left. Tara just sat there motionless.

Later that evening with the help of her mother and her future mother-in-law Tara made some Abhinav's favourite snacks. She neatly packed it and kept it nicely in a bag. She too got a letter saying that she will have to go to Punjab but she was planning to decline it.

Next morning she woke up early and went to Abhinav's house to bid him goodbye. She entered his room to find him doing some last minute packing.

"I made these for you" she said forwarding the bag of snacks. He happily took it and kept it inside his bag.

"You didn't have to do this" he said as he hugged her.

"I wanted to" she hugged him tightly.

"Please come back soon" she said trying to control her tears.

"I will try to" he said moving his fingers in her hair.

"Vaada karo ki tum wapas aao gai" she said and he sighed.

"Tara mai vaada nahi karu ga" he said moving away.

"Par kyu?" she questioned.

"Tara, tum janti ho mai woh chiz vaada nahi karta jo shayad mai pura nahi kar paau. Ya toh jeet jau ga ya toh shaheed ho jau ga" he said.

"Asi baate maat karo. Mai tumhare humesha intezaar karu gi" she said and hugged him.

"Agar mai wapas na aau toh please maa ka dhyan rakhna aur aapna bhi. Aur haan aapni zindagi meh aage badh jana. Mai humesha tumhare dil meh rahu ga" he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"Mujhe tumhe kuch batana hai" she said sobbing.

"Bolo" he said cupping her cheeks and kissing her pouty lips.

"Mai--" her words were left incomplete as his phone started ringing.

"Just a second" he excused himself. "The taxi is here. I need to go. My teammates are waiting for me. Take care" he kissed her one last time and picked up his bag.

He took blessings from his mother and hugged Tara one last time. Both his mother and Tara accompanied her till the taxi.

"Aapna dhayan rakhna. Mai wait karu gi tumhara" she whispered in his ears. He smiled and waved them goodbye as the taxi started moving. Once the taxi was out of sight Tara placed her hand on her belly and sighed. She mentally prayed to God to keep him safe.

A month later Abhinav did come back but this time wrapped up in the national flag. Tara wasn't ready to accept the fact that he was no more till she saw his body. She was shattered. She didn't even get a chance to tell him that he was going to be a father.

*******************

Present Day

Tara had a tiring day in the hospital today. After putting her son to bed she went in the balcony to get some fresh air. After Abhinav's death she shifted in his house to live it his mother but a year ago she too passed away.

Tara had lost all her hopes after his death but Shourya came as the biggest blessing for her. Picking up Abhinav's picture from the nearby cabinet she sat on the swing in her balcony. She softly caressed his picture.

"Shourya ekdam tumhare jaisa hai, Abhinav. Usse woh saari chize pasand hai toh tumhe thi. Aur uski aanke woh bhi tumhare jaisi hai aur uski harkate bhi. Shourya kal paanch saal ka ho gaya, Abhinav. Mai kal usse tumhare baare meh bata rahi thi aur pata hai usne kya kaha? Usse kaha ki woh tumhare jaisa bane ga" she chocked on her tears.

"Tumhari bahot yaad aati hai, Abhinav. Tumhare bina Shourya ko bada karna bahot mushkil hai. Tumhare bina sab kuch mushkil hai. Maine zindagi meh sirf tumse pyaar Kiya hai aur marte dam tak sirf tumse hi karu gi" she kissed his picture and closed her eyes.

Soon she fell into deep slumber where she used to meet Abhinav everyday in her dreams. That was the only way for her to be close to him, to feel his presence and to relieve the memories they have made.

Is anyone crying? Because I am.

It was a difficult one to write.

This isn't a true love story but I am pretty sure there are a lot of real story which are left incomplete. A lot of promises which are broken and a lot of dreams that are shattered.

I have seen someone really close loosing their everything in a blink if an eye and trust me it hurts like hell.

If you like this story please vote.