OS: Backyard Boy | ??? x Reader

(Y/n) POV

I walked downstairs of the house after making sure everyone was asleep. I sighed happily at the silence around me as i slowly made my way to the backyard, finally i was greeted with the chilly breeze of the cold night. I gazed at the dark sky, my peaceful me time was sadly interrupted when i heard a not so quiet noise from my right.

Annoyed, i looked towards the noise that interrupted my peace. I saw a boy, seemingly the same age as me with a strawhat stumble out from his house to his own backyard carrying various of types of food in his arms. Out of instinct, i hid behind the wooden fences that separated the two of us from our houses. I poked my head out to peek at the boy only to see him eating not so mannerly and loudly-

'Ah..i forgot a few days ago someone moved into this house. He's my new neighbor..' My thoughts were interrupted by my loud tummy rumbling. I then caught myself staring and watching the boy eat, sadly before i can hide the boy spotted me. His loud chewing made me slightly annoyed yet giggle.

"Hepfhm! Arg kyou hmungry?!"
(Hey! Are you hungry?)
The boy spoke with a mouth still filled with food- even with his mouth full i expected myself to shudder in disgust but i only giggled. 'odd.' i thought but i soon brushed it off. I looked away in embarrassment that i've been caught. "No.." I responded quietly as i dig through my pockets for a piece of candy to hopefully stop my loud tummy. I unwrap the sugary treat and popped it into my mouth. The boy who thankfully swallowed his mouthfull of food came closer to me when he heard me unwrap the candy. "Oh, can i have some candy? Please?" The boy begged, i sighed and gave him a couple of pieces with a unsure smile. I felt my smile widen when he began to eat all of them in a flash, he spat out the wrappers which made me giggle. "Shishishi! That was delicious! Thanks! I'm Monkey D. Luffy!" Luffy introduced himself with a wide smile. 'Damn his smile is contagious.' I thought with a small smile.

"(Y/n)," you responded while taking out a napkin and started to wipe his face to clean off the crumbs. "I heard you and the others moved in recently." I continued as i finished cleaning his mouth. "Mhmm! The neighborhood is awesome! I had alot of friends and their names are Zoro,Sanji,Nami and alot more! Oh! Do you know Shanks? He is like, the coolest person ever!" he began to talk about people and this Shanks guy which made me smile as i continued to listen.

---

I walked out from my house carrying a small table with a picnic blanket and basket. I hummed to myself as i approached the fences, i was about to look around for Luffy when i felt water being splashed into me. I let out a squeal of surprise as i heard someone giggling. "Oops! Sorry (N/n)! Shishishi!" I playfully glared at the boy "Backyard boy, you're lucky you didnt hit the food, it would've gotten wet" i chuckled at his relieved face as i placed the small table on the fence that balanced perfectly. I placed the blanket then the basket ontop on it, immediately Luffy began to dig through the basket eagerly.

Luffy found food and began eating like there was no tomorrow. He shoved food into his mouth while i just watched and ate some food with a smile. Often i would feed him and he surprisingly allowed me. The sun was started to shine more, it almost burned my eyes when i felt something light on my head. I looked up to see Luffy's strawhat on my head.
"Shishishi! You're gonna get sunburned (y/n)!"

Thump. Thump.

I can hear my heart beat faster as i pushed the strawhat down to shadow my blushing face. Not noticing Luffy sneakily grab a hose, i let out a squeal when i felt water being splashed into me. "Let me help you cool down!" "Luffy!-" Luffy laughed as he continued to splash water onto me.

---

Luffy and I began to play around and make silly faces at eachother. I giggled as i pretended i had a bow and arrow to shoot Luffy, he played along and fell backwards as he accidentally fell into the pool near him. My eyes widened as i hopped over the fence and dived after him, i dragged his body to the surface as he coughed out some water and panted. i stayed silent as i looked at him worriedly. He soon began laughing and slowly, i began to laugh with him. "Y-you idiot!-" i said inbetween my laughs as i grabbed his Strawhat that was floating near the edge and placed it back on his head, i chuckled slightly as i saw the same old Rubber duckie with a small strawhat i gave him recently as a gift not too far away floating around on the pool. Luffy then stopped laughing, looking deep in thought. I looked at him, confused when he sprung up and and ran back into his house with a 'stay here!'. i sighed and smiled as i hopped back into my house to change my now wet clothes.

I giggled happily as Luffy and i danced with the music box he brought out. We were laughing and having too much fun to notice a red haired man in a robe watch us (mostly luffy hence he cant see your figure very well) with a confused look. He looked around before laughing and dancing along the music that was blasting loudly. From a far we looked like dancing clowns at the circus, but we didnt care. We were having too much fun.

---

That was a few years ago, i sighed as i continued to walk down the pathway to my home which was currently empty due to some people moving out. I looked at the now empty house beside mine with a blank look. 'When i was a kid i would always dream of having a prince charming. And Luffy ended up being my first love and childhood friend, i just want to go back in time and beat the shit out of my self for not telling my feelings sooner.' I sighed sadly at the thought, i heard a car coming by and i quickly went inside the house. I didnt feel like socializing or just talking to people in general at the moment. I peeked out to see that the car- or van parked itself on the garage of the empty house. i caught myself staring at a few men stepping out of the vehicle. I grumbled and instantly went into my room after untying my shoes and dropping my backpack at the couch. I sat on my bed as i began to draw on my sketchpad, i started to doze off a bit that i didnt notice that i was drawing a figure that looked like myself wearing a familiar strawhat. Annoyed and frustrated, i slammed my sketchbook closed with a loud noise as i let myself slowly sink onto the soft covers of my blanket and pillows.

Slowly fluttering my eyes shut i let myself fall deep into slumber, dreaming about that same boy that i met years ago that left me without ever saying a goodbye.