OS : Sanji x GN! Reader,, ANGST

" The Flower In The Midst Of The Ocean " : Sanji x GN!Reader, angst : Hanahaki AU, slight WCI (Whole Cake Island) spoilers.

warning: blood, death, violence

POV: third person

It was another beautiful day to be on the ship for everyone. The boat gently rocks back and forth with the soft waves of the sea under a shining sun; it was truly a beautiful day.

Unfortunately, not for you. You were cursed with a love spell, a cruel one.

It was a love that wasn't meant to be. Even if you badly wanted it.

Coughs erupt from your throat violently, blood colored flower petals leaving along after. It was painful—really, really painful. But not as painful as knowing that Sanji won't love you like you love him. It was poison to you to be inlove with someone who doesn't even love you back.

It was slowly killing you.

Flowers grow to be beautiful individuals, each and every one of them were just as beautiful as they are. Just like the one you were cursed with. It was slowly growing inside you. You had caught the unfortunate disease that even cupid feared; The Hanahaki disease.

It was a rare disease one can get while loving another who doesn't love them back.

Masking a smile, you try to act normal as if you weren't slowly reaching your death. You went to Chopper and told him about this, the poor boy nearly broke down and cried after finding out that the disease was uncureable, the only way to get rid of it is by death or surgery.

But even surgery can't help. Even if you proceeded with the operation, you'd be left with nothing but empty emotions. Removing the flower growing within you meant having no sense of love and emotions. It was a cruel disease. You begged and convinced Chopper not to tell anyone—especially Sanji.

After the event of telling the doctor and finally getting him to shut his mouth about the situation, you left the clinic and acted like nothing happened. You saw as the other Straw Hats played around with eachother with happy grins and laughs filling the ship, unaware of the news that will forever distraught them. Their laughs and smiles were contagious, but they weren't as special as Sanji's.

The way his hair sway and flow against the soft sea breeze all while he talks with the ladies, Nami and Robin. His words were inaudible from your position but you could tell he was genuinely happy and inlove with them.

His eyes shone brightly as his smile was wide and genuine. How you wished you made him that happy to make him fall for you too.

You know fully well Sanji loved the ocean—You loved it too. His ocean eyes were mesmerizing, just a simple glance and it already took ahold of your heart.

A sudden rough cough caught your throat, you turn your back away from the crew and hurriedly rushed to the bathrooms with them being unaware of anything.

Locking yourself in the bathroom mirror, your coughs came unleashed.

There you spat out a petal after another. It was silky smooth and soft to the touch with your blood splattered on it.

One petal after another.

It hurt, tears swelled up your eyes. Your lungs felt like it was on fire, the thorns grew inside and were starting to grap ahold on your lungs, blocking your air vent. Your mind felt dizzy and lightheaded. It was all too much.

Ever since you met Sanji two years ago at the Baratie, that's where it started growing. The slight disgust was obvious in those gorgeous blue eye of his whenever he looked your way, it was bittersweet.