13: On The Wall

We arrived at Utgard Castle only to find it almost destroyed. Titans came out of nowhere and all of my friends would have been dead if not for Ymir! She turned out to also be a secret Titan shifter and she used her powers to protect everyone.

And if that wasn't shocking already, we learned that Krista was actually the daughter of a true royal family whose real name was Historia Reiss. 

As everyone worked together to find the breach in the wall Erwin had mentioned, I got to spend some time with Reiner again.

And it looked like another decision had to be made...

Atop the Wall everyone was getting all their wounds wrapped and treated. Ymir had lost two limbs in her battle, though everyone hoped and expected those to grow back. Reiner had gotten hurt pretty bad as well. Krista/Historia did a poor job wrapping it up, so (y/n) took it upon her to fix it.

"Thanks, (y/n)," Reiner said, slightly embarrassed.

"What happened?"

"A titan had entered the castle, and I fought it bare-handed, tossing it out a window."

(y/n)'s jaw dropped, impressed. That's some badass shit right there. I always knew he was super strong, but that's just insane.

"I'm glad you're alright," she finally said, as she adjusted the wood that kept his forearm aligned.

Reiner grabbed (y/n)'s hand with his good hand and rubbed her knuckles slightly.

Eren saw this and it really pissed him off. 

"All I could think about at in that moment was you, and..." he started to say but was interrupted by the sudden arrival of the Garrison regiment. Fuck. I need to tell her already. I don't care what Bertolt thinks. I'm a soldier. I'm allowed to be happy too.

"I-... I think I'm done for," Reiner spoke again.

"Reiner, I fixed your bandages and realigned it. Your arm will heal, I promise," (y/n) spoke softly.

"No... Not like that... I've had two near-death experiences already... I seem to survive on luck each time." He spoke with clenched teeth.

(y/n) reached out and took hold of his good arm, rubbing it to calm him down. "Come on hot stuff, don't say stuff like that."

"It seems like being a soldier wears down your mind as fast as your body." He continued, sweat beads forming on his face and neck. He also seemed to be trying to stop himself from shaking.

Eren, Mikasa and Armin saw Mr. Hannes approach them.

The man who saved Eren and Mikasa's life when Shiganshina was attacked... After Eren's mother... (y/n) thought.

The three stepped away. (y/n) was about to join them when Reiner grabbed her wrist again, stopping her.

"(y/n), please," he said. "I have to tell you something."

(y/n)'s eyes widened with worry. "Of course! What is it?"

He closed the gap between them in less than a second, and the next thing (y/n) knew his lips had crashed into hers, her breasts crashing into his chest. It was a passionate kiss.

OH!

"Your response will change everything..." Reiner hesitated, as he reluctantly pulled himself away. "I... I'm in love with you. And I can't hold these feelings in anymore. I'm afraid I'll die soon, and I'll never get another chance to tell you just how much I care for you. I want us to be together."