27: The Coronation Ball Pt.1

There was going to be a ball, and I was looking forward to attending with Eren!

Later that night, all her friends came to visit her. Eren returned too, but he stood leaning by the door as he watched (y/n) already in a much better condition due to her titan healing abilities. He watched as she laughed loudly along with everyone.

Armin walked into the room and stood next to Eren.

"I heard you were there for her when she was shot," Eren said to him. "Thanks for that."

"Yeah," Armin responded back. He recalled (y/n) waking up calling for Eren. He let out a heavy sigh. "You know I love her too, right?"

Eren hesitated.

"Don't worry," Armin added with a scoff. "I already confessed to her and she turned me down."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Eren spoke, not sounding sorry at all.

"You're my best friend, so at least I can trust you to take proper care of her."

"Of course."

"Don't fuck it up, Eren," Armin now frowned, as though there was something he knew that nobody else did. "Because if you hurt her, I won't hold back."

Eren turned to face him, his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you serious?"

Armin shrugged. There was something he wasn't saying. "Apparently, I'm a murderer now." He plastered on a smile and headed inside the room towards (y/n).

"Hey, beautiful!" Eren heard Armin call out.

What the hell was that all about? he wondered.

Several minutes later, (y/n) suddenly leapt out of bed as though to prove to everyone that she was completely healed (which she obviously wasn't), making everyone gasp. Naturally, she was in as little clothing as possible. Armin and Jean grinned at the sight.

"(y/n)! Get back in bed!" Eren shouted in panic and worry. In several long strides, he approached her, picking her up bridal style, and bringing her back to bed. (y/n) laughed as he acted so protective, not caring about the fact that everyone else was in the room watching them.

As he put her down, he threw the blanket over her to slightly cover her up.

"Oh, you're going to be punished for that later," he whispered in her ear. He then settled himself beside her, his back on the wall, facing outwards at everyone, as though claiming his territory.

(y/n)'s entire face turned red as a tingle went down her spine.

Jean rolled his eyes.

Everyone spoke some more, until they started to get hungry.

(y/n) learned she was in the Royal Palace in Wall Sina. 

"(y/n), how's your wound healing? You'll be able to make it to the ball, right?" Jean asked her. He sat at the foot end of the bed.

"I think so," she mumbled, eyebrows raised. She took the blanket off her a bit to look at her wrapped side. She couldn't see whether it was healed under the bandage, so she lifted it upwards a bit to check. "It looks alright. Still bruised and it still hurts, but the actual wound's already closed up. I wouldn't want to miss that ball either, so I'll make sure I can make it."

Jean nodded happily, his cheeks a little warm.

"It's already late again. (y/n), use tonight to get better alright?" Connie spoke encouragingly. "We'll bring over some food for you."