33: Last Dance (Floch x Reader / Jean x Reader)

That talk with Armin puzzled me. His critical questions are making me second guess what happened at the balcony.

Like, that conversation wasn't even three minutes long. Should I talk to him more?

No. 

(h/n) was clearly in his room that night. She was obviously trying to entice him and the next morning she came from his room. She couldn't have orchestrated that. She couldn't have been waiting up there for me, she had no way of knowing I was coming.

Fuck it. I'm technically single now anyway. Maybe I should see if Floch/Jean is available.

Since I have to attend Commander Pixis' party and look at Eren and (h/n) all night long, I might as well grab myself a date too...

"TO THE DANCE FLOOR, FRIENDS!" Sasha shouted, holding her beer high in the air.

Dot Pixis noticed the excited group of friends and air cheered them from across the dance floor.

The rest followed Sasha laughing, while (y/n) began to feel more nervous by the second. She decided, in order to keep herself composed, she would try to watch her drinking closely.

Wouldn't want to start cussing Eren out publicly or attacking (h/n) now, would I? She smiled a bit at the thought. I mean, I want to attack (h/n), just not publicly. She corrected herself. 

The group and a bunch of other soldiers made their way, with their chalices of wine and beer in hand, to the Hall. It was much less crowded now than with the Coronation Ball. It was purposely dimly lit, making it look cozy and romantic despite being mostly made of stone.

"Who could've guessed a few months ago that the palace had dances and parties once in a while, and that we'd be invited to them?! We were barely ever allowed to drink and dance during our training years," Connie said happily to the rest, looking into the hall.

"Well, we were barely allowed, but we still managed to do so every now and then!" Sasha grinned back with a sneaky smile.

It took a while before (y/n) finally noticed Eren in the dark hall. She averted her eyes, quickly walking back to their friends, who were in the middle of the hall. She had looked away too fast to see his expression.

Was it angry? Hurt? Annoyed? Was he going to come up to me? Should I have gone up to him? (y/n) sighed.

Connie and Sasha were dancing together to the music, which was upbeat. They were smiling at each other sweetly in between making dumb jokes and laughing together.

Armin, Mikasa, and Historia were standing a little further away, talking and laughing with Hitch and Marlowe, which left (y/n) with Floch/Jean. A slow song came on.

"A song to match your expression?" Floch/Jean spoke, surprising (y/n) a bit.

"How do you mean?"

"Oh, c'mon (y/n), you've looked upset all evening. All day, actually..." he muttered. "Was it... because of what we did that night?"

(y/n) shook her head. "Oh my god, no. Definitely not. I had an amazing time, I promise."

"Thank goodness." Floch/Jean was visibly relieved. "I was worried I might have gone too far."

(y/n) sighed, and plastered on a small smile anyway. "It's not you... I've just had some other shit on my mind."

Floch/Jean nodded in understanding. He wanted to respect her and so he didn't push for details.