26: Back to Normal (Eren x Reader)

The next day, we had a run in with two young MPs by the name of Hitch Dreyse and Marlowe Freudenberg. At first, they gave us trouble, but with Jean's ingenious plan, he was able to get them to switch sides. I'm happy that they did, I actually took a great liking to Hitch for some reason. I could tell we would be good friends in the future (should we not get killed anytime soon!).

We later learned that Kenny the Ripper was not just some random serial killer, but rather someone related to Levi of all people. He was also an Ackerman.

We also got intel as to where Eren and Historia were taken, and so we headed there right away.

I couldn't wait to see Eren again. I just hoped nothing bad had happened to him. There was a rumor that Rod Reiss was going to have Eren eaten to steal his powers. 

When we did eventually reach Rod's underground hideout, there was another battle against Kenny the Ripper and his squad inside the crystal cave. 

Hange was taken down and I took a bullet for Sasha...

Of course Armin and Levi were livid by my choice, but it was for Sasha.

(y/n) awoke in a bed, her entire abdomen bandaged. The first thing she felt when she woke wasn't pain from her gaping shot wound but panic. She sat up instantly, wincing, and looked around the room. She had no clue what time of day it was, but since she'd left that cave at nighttime, she reckoned she must have been out for a few hours, since it was now daytime. There was no one else in the small room, only a small desk and a window with the drapes shut, letting a bit of light through its sheer fabric.

Oh no... please don't tell me...

Just before she was about to try and get up, sitting to the side of the bed clutching her wound, the door opened, and Eren entered. He held a large plate of food and a big cup of water.

"You're up," he said, smiling softly at her.

(y/n)'s eyes welled at the sight of him, alive and well.

"Eren!" she exclaimed, a heavy weight lifting off her shoulders. All she wanted to do was jump into his arms. But when she tried, she was forced to lie back down, her face scrunching in pain.

He rushed over and sat down on the bed at her side, putting the plate and cup on the nightstand next to her. Eren helped her, pulling her up gently by her hands and then placed a gentle hand on her cheek.

"I heard about everything," he said. "About everything you did for me." His eyes darted to her wound in her stomach, and he suddenly frowned. He remembered the time when (y/n) had almost died by the hands of the Female Titan in order to protect him. Eren had been completely devastated at that time, his life crashing before his eyes. So, you can imagine what he went through when he found out (y/n) had done it again, this time taking a bullet for Sasha. "I really wish you'd consider your safety before others, but... I'm really proud of you. You're fucking amazing."

(y/n)'s cheeks flushed from the compliment. Simply hearing his voice after all that stress was by far the best feeling.

She put her hand on his. She moved her thumb up and down on his warm skin.

"I'm just so relieved that you're alive. I thought..." she choked back her words.

"You didn't think I'd bite the dust so easily, right?" Eren now chuckled. He leaned down and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips, which (y/n) returned in an instant. She tried to wrap her arms around his neck, but instead she flinched from the pain.

Eren felt this and he immediately backed away, trying hard not to smile at (y/n)'s futile attempt.

"Hey, don't push yourself. I'm actually not even supposed to be up here right now, but I just couldn't wait to see you. We'll have plenty of time to make love later, okay?"

(y/n) pouted, making Eren laugh.

"Fine."

"You're too cute." He planted another loving kiss on her lips before standing to leave.

(y/n) called out to him again. "Wait! Can you tell me what's going on? What happened down there? Are you really alright? Is Hange alright? Where's Historia?"

Eren seemed to think for a second, prompting (y/n) to worry about how much she could have possibly missed.

"First, yes, Hange is fine. The crash you heard in the crystal caves was Rod Reiss himself turning into a titan, causing the whole place to break down. He tried to get Historia to eat me and take my titan, which I really thought she was going to do after she learned about..."

Eren suddenly trailed off.

"What?" (y/n) was now even more worried. "What did she learn? Fucking Historia!"

Eren shook his head and swallowed his words. No, I can't tell her about how I got my titan powers this very moment. Not when she's healing.

Instead, he continued to speak about the explosion. "Well, long story short, Rod almost convinced Historia to eat me, but she changed her mind in the last moment. So, instead Rod turned into a titan bigger than the Colossal, but could only crawl, dragging his face against the ground toward Wall Sina."

(y/n) nodded along seriously, her mouth wide open. She grabbed the glass of water and slowly sipped at it. "What the fuck?"

"Yeah, it was hideous as fuck, you should've seen it. His organs were literally falling out of his open skull."

"Eren! I'm trying to drink my water here!"

"Sorry. Well on another note, I actually learned how to use my hardening ability. That's how I managed to save everyone from the collapsing cave."

"Oh my god, Eren! That's amazing!!! I'm so happy to hear that! That means we could maybe seal up Wall Maria now?!"

Eren scratched the back of his neck. He blushed at (y/n)'s enthusiasm and support for him. "Yeah, I stole a vial that was inside Rod's bag and drank it. It was literally called 'Armor'."

(y/n) chuckled. "How creative."

"I know right?" The two laughed heartily.

"So, what happened with no-face Rod Titan?" she asked, going back to the story.

"Right. We met with Commander Erwin and together with Armin, they came up with an epic plan for me to bring down Rod's titan. Historia actually made the final blow, and it's already been announced to the public that she'll be Queen. Her official coronation is tomorrow."

(y/n) choked on her glass of water. Eren patted her back.

"All of that happened already? What the hell? How long was I out?!"

"Almost a full day. It's around 4 in the afternoon now," his eyes softened. "You sleeping so much really had me worried, baby." He put a few locks of hair behind her ear, assessing her intently.

(y/n) involuntarily blushed. Hearing her new pet name from his mouth really did something to her. She felt her core go hot. She couldn't help but feel so special after all this time.

"... So you really can't stay here... with me... for a while?" she spoke quietly, looking up at him with puppy eyes. He smiled.

"Trust me, I really want to, but Captain Levi and Commander Erwin actually want to see me to discuss something important. I wonder what it is..."

"Fine... But as soon as I'm healed... we're getting nasty, okay?"

"You can count on it."

He gave a small wink as he shut the door behind her.

Shit... I forgot to tell him that I love him.

***Short chapter, but I hope you guys liked it! The next arc is inspired by Potatogirl1999's Coronation Ball but remixed, so I hope you don't hate me for what you're about to encounter! Oh, AND, there's a new character about to show up!***