15: Love blooms: One afresh, one a new

The sun was just waking up, yawning, stretching its arms of bright golden light all over the eastern world. Slowly, rays of sunshine crept into the hills of Gusu, climbing up one peak and sliding down another, crawling its way to a solitary house located away from the Cloud Recesses compound. The light swept over the lush green garden and pretty purple gentians, sweeping across the steps and verandah, creeping through the windows into a room. The warmth diffused along the wooden floor onto a bed and gently blanketed the two men asleep on it. Each held on to the other tightly. All the sun could do was turn the place golden. For the room that was dark and cold a day ago was now bright and warm — its own candle of life has returned.

Lan Wangji opened his eyes. Softy yawning, he lay on the bed, cradling his dearest in his arms, gentle yet firm; caressing yet clenching, as though he was holding on to a single fragile thread of life. He stayed there for some time, unwilling to get up, staring at the beauty in front of him. Long eyelashes, full eyelids, sharp nose, pink plump lips... Lan Zhan gulped, holding back the urge, afraid of waking the other up if he gave in to his desires. He satisfied himself by ever so softly stroking the long, dark, dishevelled hair.

Curiously enough, just like how Wei Wuxian improved Mo Xuanyu's body's cultivation to match his own, he had also somehow touched up on the sacrificer's physical self too. From his physique to his eyes, everything seemed to become more and more like his past self, more and more familiar to Lan Zhan — not to mention, more and more desirous!

His husband really was the greatest cultivator ever. Lan Zhan smiled at the sleeping beauty before his head fell back onto a corner of Wei Ying's pillow. The sleepless nights paid off as he let the scent of lotuses enwrap his lungs before drifting off to Dreamland again.

**********

It was close to eight in the morning.

"Just what is Wangji doing?" Xichen wondered aloud.

"He's never been this late, except back in his school days," Huaisang fanned himself, sniggering at the memory of Wei Ying getting the GusuLan Jade drunk.

"That was because of Wei Wuxian, remember?" Jiang Cheng laughed sourly at the memory. Unlike Huaisang, he didn't recall only the part where Lan Zhan and Wei Ying had been punished, but also how he himself was punished.

"Then it must be the same now!" Xichen laughed, understanding calmness descending on him. "It would make sense since the two badly need the time together. Guess we'll have to wait till didi wakes up, then!"

"But A-Xian won't wake up for another hour!" Jiang Cheng cried, horrified.

"Said who?"

In strode a tall man, dressed entirely in black robes, with a red ribbon joyfully flapping behind him. He had his hands crossed behind his back and was holding something. Nobody but Lan Zhan — entering behind him with pristine white robes and a smile — saw what it was.

"A-Cheng, have you touched up on the ring?"

"Wei Wuxian! It was a mistake!"

"You can hit me all you want, I don't mind, I'm used to Zidian since that day when Madam Yu hit me, you know. But not Lan Zhan. So practise it more. If it happens again!" Wei Wuxian broke off, glaring at his brother.

"Tch! A-Xian, I swear I won't TOUCH your husband hereafter. Happy?"

Wei Wuxian tossed his head back and laughed. "He wouldn't let you anyway! Right, A-Zhan?" He batted his lashes at his husband, earning himself a Stop-it-or-I'll-do-you-before-everyone glare. Quickly, Wei Ying turned to the others.