41: Matchmaking

Wei Ying woke up to someone stroking his hair gently. He found himself still on Lan Zhan's lap, the three sons were gone.

"A-Ying's awake?"

"Mn. A-Zhan, those three?"

"They've finished. They went to their rooms to bath and prepare for dinner," Lan Zhan explained as he helped his husband sit up.

"Woah! Finished all that so soon?"

"Used to copying out rules."

"What? I can imagine Jingyi and Jin Ling copying out rules, but Sizhui? He's as precious a Lan gem as you!"

Lan Zhan raised an eyebrow. "I lost my touch thanks to you."

Wei Wuxian gasped loudly and dramatically. "How dare you say that! Well, come to think of it... You aren't wrong. Hey, so you mean Sizhui's doing the same with those two? Oh wow. Bad friendship inherited," Wei Wuxian chuckled. "Since that's done, in another two months or so, I guess it's time to find Mianmian."

"Mn."

Wei Wuxian nodded.

Lan Zhan noticed something wrong. Wei Ying was staring into outer space, rubbing his chest. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing," Wei Ying quickly dismissed the discomfort in his chest. "A-Zhan?"

"Mn?"

"I saw another dream."

"What was it?"

"The Immortal Jade Rabbit. Just it mashing something in a mortar and pestle. Nothing and nobody else. Maybe it's just because I dozed off thinking of Chang'e but I don't know... You saw the same thing?"

Lan Zhan shook his head. "I had to see the children, couldn't sleep."

Wei Ying's eyes widened in horror. He'd felt the dream was a hint, a message. But Lan Zhan hadn't seen it? Why didn't they both see the same dream like last time? Why did Wei Ying get the dream when Lan Zhan was still awake? No, this is wrong. I don't want some damned elixir for myself.

"A-Zhan, let's go to sleep."

"Ah?"

Wei Ying dragged his sleeve to stand up. "Come on, bed, now."

"A-Ying, we have to have dinner."

Wei Ying stopped and tapped his nose before continuing, "Alright, then after dinner we go straight to bed." Lan Zhan had to see the dream. If not, he'd have to do something.

"Wei Ying, we always go to bed after dinner," Lan Zhan raised an eyebrow again.

"Aish, Lan Zhan! I meant no doing other stuff, we go straight to sleep."

"Impossible."

"Ah? A-Zhan, please try to underst–"

"A-Ying promised. We'd do it everyday," Lan Zhan was almost pouting, knowing it was irresistible for his husband.

Wei Ying gulped before whining again. "But A-Zhan, we can do it a lot tomorrow?"

"Everyday means everyday."

Wei Wuxian sighed. "Alright. I give up." He stood up, shoulders drooping. "You go on first, give me a minute."

Lan Wangji understood that Wei Wuxian needed to sort something out so he decided to walk out slowly.

Once Lan Zhan was outside, Wei Ying looked around in despair. What now? He has to see the dream! Or forget it, I'm being overreactive. Maybe he doesn't need the dream. Maybe it's up to me.