49: Guests Galore

When Lan Zhan returned, it was late night. Lan Zhan walked to the Jingshi. When he opened the doors, he saw that Wei Ying wasn't there as he'd expected. This late at night... Where would he go? He couldn't still be at the bunny hill, right? Lan Zhan looked to find Chenqing was lying here since morning.

Lan Zhan rushed down the hill and right enough, he heard a voice singing merrily.

Wei Ying was in the clearing, humming the melody of his and his husband's song, while he held a white bunny in his hands, waltzing.

Wei Ying twirled around and around before he spotted his husband watching with a smile. "A-ZHAN!"

"You waited here?" Lan Zhan asked, walking forth.

"Of course, I did! I know you'll come here no matter how late. You waited for me for sixteen years, why can't I?" Wei Ying chattered, keeping the white bunny down on the grass.

Lan Zhan came close, walked right past Wei Ying and picked the white bunny up again. "Little Ying," he stroked his ears.

Wei Ying humphed and spun away towards a large rock nearby. Lan Zhan understood what happened, so he quickly placed Little Ying back on the grass and walked over to the rock. He slipped off his shoes and socks and walked onto the massive boulder, before kneeling beside Wei Ying. Silent as ever, he plucked off Wei Ying's shoes and socks and kept them beside his own, before sitting alongside Wei Ying. Wei Ying beamed and let his legs dangle in the icy water of the Cold Springs. But the smile vanished as soon as it came, replaced with an angry pout.

"Wei Ying–"

"Don't talk to me."

"Who else am I to talk to?"

Wei Ying's hand which was grasping the rock clenched into a fist. His pout reduced, but he shouted, "You're using that I-have-none-but-you trick again, I won't fall for it. Think making me all sad will make me forgive? Hmph! You have Little Ying to talk to, you don't need Big A-Ying anyway." He tossed his head away from Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan shook his head. "A-Ying, you're being jealous of a bunny."

"Wasn't it you who said I'm a bunny too? Now what are you saying? Two-tongued man," he humphed again.

Lan Zhan thought and thought of something to say this time. And then, he smiled. "There's a difference."

Wei Ying crossed his arms. "What difference? Little Ying and Big Ying are both bunnies, you said so yourself."

"But Little Ying is a bunny, Wei Ying is my bunny."

Slowly but surely, a beauteous smile blossomed on Wei Ying's face. "You fuddy-duddy," he chuckled and took Lan Zhan's hand in his and laid his head on the latter's shoulder.

Lan Zhan stroked his hair, while Wei Ying kneaded his hand. "Is A-Zhan tired? I saw you were writing a lot today," he said, massaging the writing hand.

Well, writing out all those invitations did make his hand ache. So Lan Zhan let him do it, answering with nothing but a "Mn."

"A-Zhan, gege and A-Cheng seem to have gotten together. I saw them walking out of the study together all flushed, wonder what they did," Wei Ying chuckled.

"Mn. Jiang Wanyin's staying the night here."

"WHAT!"

Lan Zhan smiled. "Mn. Leaving after breakfast tomorrow."

"Well thank God for that! It's not like I can run his sect! I thought he'd forgotten Yunmeng. Though you know, it will be a problem, the fact that they're both sect leaders..."