Epilogue: Across New Horizons

A few days later, after making it to the celebration and generally tending to your family, you had made it back to Poni Island. The sun was starting to set, but there was still plenty of light and time until then. Walking through Poni Plains, you had Zora beside you while the clan was helping to look over Io and Wrath. You wished them the best of luck keeping Wrath calm. Shadow stayed behind at the house. Mainly because of the egg. It was supposed to hatch any minute, and despite how much you and Zora wanted to see it hatch, there had been plans before that. You had a red coat on with a black t-shirt underneath it. You had some black shorts on as well so that you wouldn't roast alive.

In the time between the last few days and now, you did get some interesting and good news. Veikon's clan had decided to transfer themselves to Alola. When and where, you didn't really have the details for that. Probably better considering... well... their most recent attack. Still, knowing that they were coming here, you felt a little bit happy that they were going to be somewhere closeby. Maybe the two of you could watch out for each other like you had said before. Zora interrupted your thoughts though, speaking up as she walked beside you.

"So, remind me," Zora said, "what does this guy we're meeting look like?" You looked at Zora and shrugged.

"I don't know." You answered. "We just agreed that we'd meet here." Zora let out a quiet sigh as she looked around.

"Well, this place isn't exactly barren of people all the time." She stated.

"Yeah, but he said he'd be with his Pokémon. He also said he'd be pretty obvious when we saw him."

"Still doesn't help." You shrugged, then stopped under a palm tree.

"Well, either way, it shouldn't be too long of a wait. So until then, we just need to keep an eye out." Zora let out another quiet sigh, then joined you under the tree. As the two of you looked around for anyone that might fit the description, it started to creep in how right Zora was. There were people walking around, talking with each other, and catching Pokémon. It wasn't as common as some other routes, but there were still people running through. After about ten minutes with no sign, you let out a small groan of irritation. Zora was looking around, then she looked at you.

"You're sure this is the right spot?" You nodded your head while looking around.

"Yeah... I guess something's going on." You pulled out your phone and saw it was five forty-two. Putting it away, you let out a quiet sigh as you looked around again.

"He should be here, and if something came up, I would've gotten some kind of message from him." Zora looked at you for a minute until she shut her eyes and took a breath.

"Well, like you said, there's not much we can do besides keep a lookout." You let out a sigh as you scratched the back of your head.

"Yeah, you're right. Hopefully he shows up soon." After some more time, you were looking around, seeing a few people walking with Pokémon beside them, but they didn't seem to catch your eye. Your hand twitched a little bit, clenching slightly before returning to a normal state. Your breathing started to slowly pick up. Suddenly... you started to feel strange. Noises were coming from seemingly nowhere. You turned your head in confusion as you tried to figure out where they were coming from. When you realized that they weren't becoming clearer when you looked around, it was too late for you to react. The feeling in your chest started to spread to your entire body. You started to feel numb, and your breathing halted for a second as you tried to fight back. You shut an eye, grunting quietly as you could hear the voices slowly growing louder. No distinguishable words could be made out, but it sounded like something was trying to get inside your head. Your arms began to shake, and despite you trying to grab onto the tree, you kept scratching and clasping at it because you couldn't feel any touch from your hands.