A New Adventure Dawns

You awoke the next day to find your head being held by Zora. Ever since she had come forward, she had always become so clingy when both of you fell asleep. You shifted a little bit to climb out without disturbing her, but your movements caused her to shift a little bit. She didn't stir, but her motion caused Zorua to fall out of her mane and land on your chest. He shifted a little, but he didn't wake. You chuckled a little bit, then carefully moved him beside Zora. After making sure not to wake them, you got out of the room and started getting to work on breakfast. They may not have woken up from you moving, but they sure did wake up when they started smelling bacon and eggs. After eating breakfast as a family, you went to go pack up your stuff for the journey, only to find that it was already done. You looked back and saw your parents looking at you nervously. You smirked, then folded your arms.

"You know I'm perfectly capable to doing it myself, right?" You asked.

"Sorry." Mom apologized. "It's just we don't get as many opportunities as we used to." You chuckled a little bit, then gave your parents a hug. You looked over their shoulders and saw Zorua was crawling over the table to get leftovers from your parents' plates that they hadn't finished yet. Zora was holding him back. You started snickering, which caused your parents to glance back and see the event. They joined you, then finished their meals. It was decided that you were taking Zora and Zorua with you, as well as the others. After farewells were given, you hoisted a small pack onto your back. Jarom would meet you at the beachfront next to where you lived. Farewells were expressed, and a little saddening, but your parents were content knowing that you would call them every couple days.

With a breath of fresh air and full stomachs, you, Zora, and an energetic Zorua set out towards the Hau'Oli City Beachfront. It didn't take long to get past the shopping district, even if Zorua occasionally started biting your fingers as you started scratching his neck. And just like how time likes to play jokes, Jarom appeared at the end sitting under an umbrella near the exit of the beachfront. He saw you coming and started snickering when he saw Zorua biting on your hand like a chew toy. By this point, you had gotten used to the looks you would get from the public, and the pain you would get from Zorua.

"Well well, if it isn't (Y/n) the walking and talking chew toy." Jarom teased. "How ya been?"

"Better than you'd think." You replied.

"So, I'm guessing your parents told you about what's going on?" Jarom questioned. You indicated to the pack on your back.

"I've got this, don't I?" You questioned.

"Fair enough." Jarom chuckled. "You ready to get going?" You looked at Zora who smiled, then turned back to Jarom and smirked.

"Is the ocean blue?" You countered. Jarom smiled, then started walking down the road. As you walked down the pavement with Jarom and Zora, the three of you talked as you walked into a dirt path, then descended downhill.

"You know," Jarom said. "This isn't going to be my first Pokémon I get."

"Really?" You said. "You never told me you had a Pokémon. How come you never showed it?"

"It didn't really occur to me until just now." He said. That raised an eye-brow, but not for long.

"Is that the place?" Zora asked. Both of you looked forward and saw a house near the ocean. Zorua was back in Zora's mane.

"I don't know." You said. "Jarom?"

"It doesn't look like any Pokémon lab I've ever seen." Jarom said. "But it would hurt to ask for directions." The three of you walked towards the house. Jarom walked up to the door as you and Zora stayed behind. As you waited for the door to answer, Zora got your attention.