A Dark Beginning

In your small town, nothing really went on. School was always a pain with the bullies that would constantly hammer down on you. Even though you were taller than them, you couldn't bring yourself to hurt them, even whenever they hurt you. You longed for the day that you could get your first Pokémon. One day, after school, that dream became a reality. You were walking through the woods after another long and hurtful day at school. They hit you a lot, putting a lot of bruises on your body, but you covered it up with your jacket, not wanting to attract attention to yourself. As your footsteps crunched through the snow, you stopped suddenly when you thought you heard something in the distance. You turned your head, looking into the woods. You listened closely. Sure enough, you heard it again. It sounded like something in pain. You ran off in the direction of the noise without a second thought. A few dozen feet later, you run into a Scrafty fighting a Zoroark. To the side, you saw another Zoroark, bloody, and more than likely killed by the Scrafty. Beside it, was a Zorua, crying loudly. You stared at the scene horrified. The Zoroark you saw earlier was badly beaten and bloody, but still lunged at the Scrafty. The Scrafty grabbed the Zoroark's arm, then crashed a Dynamic Punch to the Zoroark's chest, sending it back, and colliding into a tree before going limp. You saw the Scrafty then turn its gaze from the Zoroark, to the Zorua. Seeing what just happened began to fill you with even greater fear. The Scrafty started to walk towards the Zorua, who was still crying loudly, and now backing away from the Scrafty. You reacted without thinking. You ran forward and brought your shoulder forward as you slammed into the Scrafty, causing it to fly the side, crashing it into another tree. The Scrafty picked itself up, then glared at you. You now found yourself in a fight that you had no way of winning, but you had to do something to make sure that the Zorua wouldn't suffer.

"Leave it alone!" You shouted at the Scrafty. The Scrafty ran at you and hit your chest with a Power-up Punch, making you fall to one knee while putting your hand over your chest. You picked yourself up as you still held your hand over your chest. The Scrafty came in to hit you with another Power-up Punch, as you braced for the blow, you saw something slide across your vision and strike the Scrafty back. As you stared at the Scrafty picking itself up from the snow, you saw another Zoroark standing in front of it. Then another, then another. More Zoroarks were appearing out of nowhere! The Scrafty, seeing all the Zoroarks, turned around and ran. You counted about ten Zoroarks around you. As soon as the Scrafty left, they all turned their dark gaze on you. You froze in fear as one took a step towards you, raising its claws. It stopped when everyone heard the faint cry coming from the second Zoroark, the Zoroark that fought the Scrafty. Everyone turned their sight to the wounded Zoroark, and one of them walked towards it. You heard it say something to the other Zoroarks, then went limp for the final time. Their gaze turned back to you, but not for long. One of the Zoroarks picked up the Zorua, walked over to you, and held the Zorua out to you.

"Zoroark!" The Zoroark said. You threw your hands up in defense.

"I didn't do it!" You said.

"Zoro!" The Zoroark says pushing the Zorua towards you. You looked at the Zorua, who was facing you, but still crying, just without wailing into the woods. You brought out your hands at the Zoroark placed the Zorua in your arms.

"You want me to take care of it?" You asked. The Zoroark nodded its head. It turned its sight to the two dead Zoroarks, more than likely the parents of this Zorua. After giving you another look, the group of Zoroarks disappeared back into the woods. You looked at the Zorua in your arms, and it looked back at you. You held the Zorua closer to your chest, hoping to keep it warmer in the winter cool. "Well, guess it's the two of us now." You sighed.

"Zor?" The Zorua said. You looked down and saw the Zorua tearing up again. You stiffened a little bit.

"No, no, don't cry." You pleaded. "Everything will be okay." The Zorua looked up at you, a little confused. You looked back up and continued walking down the dirt road to your house. "Everything will be okay."