Is it Safe?

The night was quiet for the most part. You and Zora stayed in the back, walking around, talking, checking up on Zora's friend, or trying to find something else that could occupy your time. The next morning, you wish you could say it was anything but different. First, there was the fact that Zora was sleeping on your chest while you were asleep. It didn't help that when you tried to move, she pretty much clamped down on you with her claws. You cringed a little bit, mainly because she had her claws right against your ribs. You heard something move across the room. You tried to look around to see what the noise was, but you couldn't see anything without disturbing Zora.

"Zora." You whispered. She growled slightly. "Zora!" You said nudging her a little bit. She cracked her eyes open, then looked at you, slightly annoyed.

"What is it?" Zora asked.

"I think I heard something." You said.

"None sense, the only living things in this room is you, me, and-" She caught herself off, then turned her head back. The two of you sat up, then you heard something again.

"You heard that too, right?" You asked.

"Shh." Zora put a claw to your lips, trying to listen. You heard another noise, coming from the right side. Zora stood herself up, you did likewise. She placed her claw on your chest while looking towards the noise. "Stay here." She said.

"What if it's just Nurse Joy?" You asked.

"Then I'll let you know." Zora said. "But for now, just stay back." You were a little hesitant, but you conceded. Zora went around the corner, and out of sight. You stayed quiet for a time. The suspense was killing you. You started to creep towards the corner. As you did, you heard something. Sounded like... talking. You peeked your head around the corner, then saw Zora standing beside another figure.

"Zora?" Her stare turned to you, and so did the figure that was with her. When its face turned to you, you stumbled back a little bit. It was the other Zoroark! The look he was giving you looked anything but happy. You expected him to lunge at you and try and rip out your throat, but he never did that. You just stood there, a bit petrified by his glare.

"(Y/n), it's okay, don't be alarmed, he's just a bit... tense right now." Zora said.

"Any way you could help with that?" You asked a little fearful. He made a low growl, making you flinch back a step, hitting the wall with your back.

"I think it may be best to not get involved." Zora replied.

"I'll take your word for it." Nurse Joy walked into the room and saw the three of you.

"Oh, he's awake." Nurse Joy said.

"Are you referring to me or the Zoroark?" You asked confused.

"At this point, I'm glad both of you are awake." Nurse Joy said. "But I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to leave." The Zoroark let out another low growl, this one a little bit louder. Zora put her arm to block him.

"She's a friend, don't worry about it." He looked at her for a minute, then looked back at Nurse Joy.

"Is something happening?" You asked.

"No." Nurse Joy replied. "But there were a couple of people that came looking for you." You felt the air in your throat freeze.

"Could it be them?" You asked.

"I don't know." Zora said. "But I think it's safe to say that it's not safe to stay here anymore."

"I've got you a few supplies, but you should leave right now if possible." Nurse joy said. You walked up to her after collecting your nerves.