The Last Trial

You were starting to stir when you felt something run across your arms. It felt weird, like some kind of blanket made fur and cotton at the same time. Your body felt sore, which made it a little uncomfortable when you felt something wet on your face.

"Hey, cut it out, he needs to rest, not be cleaned." A familiar voice said. You groaned a little as you started to slowly realize what was running on your face. You opened your eyes, expecting to see Salazzle doing her thing like she normally did. Instead, you were greeted by something sky-blue and very fluffy. You also saw something black and red as your vision blurred, but steadily started turning back to normal. It was Zora alright, the necklace was shining and illuminating her face, but what was on top of you? It turned its head back towards you, showing eyes that were similar in color, but darker. Kind of like a Navy Blue. No... it was more like sapphire colored. If you were all the way awake and weren't sore, you probably would have jumped, but considering that you still had both, you could only be content with tensing up. Zora saw that you were awake, giving halfway between a sigh of relief and a snort in agitation.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" You had a headache and a hard time recollecting everything.

"Why... does everything hurt?" You asked. You tried to raise your left arm, but then you felt pain shoot through your body. You winced, shutting one of your eyes and looking at your shoulder. It had been wrapped in gauze. The longer you stared at it, the more your memory started to fill in what happened. You started hyperventilating, looking around and not knowing the environment. Zora saw you panicking and came towards you.

"(Y/n), calm down, it's okay, we're in Resolution Cave!" Zora said. "We brought you in here after we chased them off!" Your little panic had caused the Pokémon on top of you to get off, and a low growl from behind you. You hadn't noticed, but behind you, you were actually reclined on Type: Null! It made you freeze for a minute, which let you gather your wits and thoughts. Null stared at you, then seemed to look around. You followed vice versa, looking around and spotting a few of your other Pokémon and a few Zoroarks. You looked back at Zora, still feeling uncomfortable.

"Zora..."

"You've been out a while." Zora said. "We didn't want to risk being jumped going to a doctor or hospital, so we took you here and got the supplies by running to Seafolk Village." She turned towards the other Pokémon, the one who was on top of you. "And as you can tell, someone was eager to evolve." You looked at the sky-blue Pokémon. Something seemed eerily familiar about it, but then a brief flash made you realize what she was before.

"Vulpix?" She only walked up beside you and starting licking the side of your head. You started cringing. Great, now you had Ninetales doing it along with Salazzle.

"Cut it out." Zora said. Ninetales looked at Zora, then looked at something. You started to hear footsteps from the direction that she was looking at. You turned your head and saw three Zoroarks coming towards you.

"You're awake." The one in front said. "That is good. We were afraid you had sustained more than you could handle." His speech didn't really surprise you at this point. Zora does it, He did it, Jarom did it, now he was doing it. Still, Null growled deeply at their approach, making the two behind him back off. He looked at Null and hummed a little.

"He doesn't trust us."

"Do you blame him?" You questioned. He looked back at you and shook his head.

"I would not blame any living creature if they had to go through what you had." He replied. "Much less what he has gone through." You looked at the Zoroark confused.

"What he's gone through?" Zora questioned. "What are you talking about?"

"His kind were not born like how we were." He explained. "He was created. Man-made."