A New Ally

You and Zora climbed off the Ryhorn, letting your feet touch solid and smooth ground. After stretching for a minute, you looked around the landscape a little bit. Your rear was a little sore from riding on the Ryhorn for a while. Route 9 was certainly long, but you didn't mind the length so much as there were a lot of boulders in the way. No harm was done, except for the Ryhorn who was recovering after ramming into multiple boulders. The two of you went up the stairs to get to a higher elevation.

"According to Professor Sycamore, the entrance should be-"

"There!" Zora said pointing it out. You and Zora looked at the entrance of the cave.

"It's a little dark." You said. Zora huffed then put her arms on your shoulder and leaned on you.

"Someone afraid of the dark?" Zora teased.

"Pft, me? Afraid of the dark? Nah." You said. "It's just going to be a little hard to see is all." Zora chuckled a little bit, then kissed your cheek. You looked away from Zora so that she wouldn't see you blushing, but she still laughed. "Let's find out what Professor Sycamore wanted us to get here." You pulled up your Holo-Caster and called up the professor. Eventually, he picked up.

"Ah! (Y/n)! How are you doing?"

"We're doing good Professor." You said. "It took us a day, but we're at Glittering Cave."

"Are you now?" Professor Sycamore said. "Good, now this Pokémon shouldn't be too hard to find, but you will need your flashlight to see inside there." Zora pulled out the flashlight from your backpack, then held in beside your head.

"This one, right?" Zora asked.

"That's the one." Sycamore said. "But a word of advice, don't have Zora fight it." Zora pulled herself into view of the Holo-Caster.

"Why not?" Zora questioned.

"Because Mawile's are dangerous to Dark types like yourself." Professor Sycamore said.

"A Mawile? You mean those things that are Steel types?" You asked. "What's so dangerous about those?" Professor Sycamore looked at you confused for a second, then slapped the palm of his hand on his forehead.

"That's right, your region hasn't been introduced to them." Sycamore said. "Here in Kalos, we discovered a new Pokémon type. These one's are classified as Fairy types." You and Zora looked at each other confused, then at Professor Sycamore.

"Fairy types?" Both of you said at once.

"Yes." Sycamore said. "From current information, they are strong against Dark, Dragon, and Fighting types, but are weak to Steel and Poison type moves. They have a resistance to Bug types though and are completely immune to Dragon types." Your mind was boggling for a second, but then it started to click.

"But the only other Pokémon I have is Noibat." You said. Professor Sycamore thought about it for a second.

"You'll just have to be careful then." He said. "Especially if that Mawile knows a Fairy type move." You thought about it for a second, then you remembered something.

"I think I know how to make this work out." You said.

"Alright, when you capture a Mawile, call me back." Professor Sycamore said.

"Will do." You hung up, then looked back at Zora. "You ready for this?"

"Just stick close and try not to get lost." Zora snickered.

"Only if you can keep up!" You teased. The two of you laughed, then looked at the entrance of the cave. As you took the first step in, Zora followed behind and turned on the flashlight. It was a narrow passage, but the two of you were able to walk through it. There was a fork in the path. After some consideration, you decided to take a right.