A Trip Worthwhile

You were running through the forest quickly, trying to gain some distance. Who would have thought that over two months, it would have come down to this? You saw a black figure jump out of the corner of your eyes to your right. You didn't stare for too long. You ran faster, trying to get more distance. Out in the distance, you saw a cave, fairly hidden from view. You quickly went to a full sprint and charged towards the cave, hoping that you could make it in time. You closed the gap in less than ten seconds, dashing to the cave and quickly pulling yourself into it. You ran a little bit into the cave, hoping to let the dark mask you a little bit. You stopped about fifteen feet into the cave, letting yourself catch your breath. You turned your head back to see if it had followed you. You didn't see anything at the entrance of the cave. You gave a sigh of relief as you regained your normal breathing. This was one weird game. With it just running and hiding, hoping not to get caught. You were curious if maybe you weren't noticed. Maybe you had pulled into the cave in time and it was gone. You slowly walked back towards the entrance of the cave, making sure not to accidentally hit any rocks. As you placed your hand on the outside of the cave, you slowly creeped your head out. Trees covered your vision, but nothing seemed to move except the branches with the wind. Again, you let out a sigh. Guess you were able to evade it this time. Then you felt wind brush down your neck. You tensed up, almost jumping out of the cave. You slowly began to turn around until you saw two blue eyes staring directly at you. You flinched back. She found you! She let out a roar as you turned around and ran, letting out a scream. You quickly felt her jump onto your back and pin you to the ground. You squirmed for a little bit, trying to break free, but she was keeping balance on your back!

"Alright!" You said. "We'll do it your way! You win!" You heard her chuckling a little bit before you felt the pressure go off your back. You felt the back of your collar being grabbed as you were pulled up to your feet.

"Did I get you good?" Zora asked.

"About scared me to death!" You said. She laughed a little bit, then embraced you in a hug.

"Well, I am a dark type for a reason." Zora said. "Hiding in the cave was a good idea, you've just got to make sure you don't expose yourself too early." You gave a sigh, then hugged back. After a second, you pulled back then started to relax.

"Two months, it hardly seems that long." You said.

"That's what happens when you enjoy the moment." Zora said. "Now come on, let's head back and get something to eat. I'm getting a little hungry." The publicity that you and Zora got when you exposed yourself on TV was more than you thought. Zora was right, the news had spread to more than just the Unova region. When you said that you had been held for two years in a trance, it caught the attention of everyone. You were given more than enough to get a cabin just outside Lumiose City on the east side. It wasn't large, but it was big enough for you and Zora. That and another Pokémon you had with you now. Zora thought it was a good idea to get another one, so you had bought a few pokéballs to get yourself such said Pokémon, even if it was stubborn enough to go through all your pokéballs before the final one worked.

The two of you walked back with some food to go in your hands. The community here in Kalos was a lot friendlier to Zoroarks than the one's in Unova. Zora was able to go around in public without as many people staring at the two of you. It still disturbed you a little bit, but at least they weren't talking behind your back. You saw something glide down from above and land on your shoulder. He was rubbing his head on yours.

"Hey Noibat, don't think I forgot about you." You said. You pulled out an apple from your pocket and held it up for Noibat. He immediately started to chow down on the ripe apple. With Noibat still on your shoulder, you and Zora sat down and began to eat your food while watching the news. Politics were boring, you were more interested in public news in general. As the two of you watched it for a minute, there came an interesting broadcast that caught your attention.