From The Past

It was a total field of darkness, sitting in your mind alone with no light. It felt so lonely just being in this void. Events were now starting to unwind, and your thoughts were making you sober. It was hard not to just sit down and do nothing. You threw it all away. Everything that you had worked for. The trust of your Pokémon, the love of your parents, after trying to get back to them... everything.... No wonder you ran off. Now after what you've done, how can you go back and face them? How could you go back and face your own son? How could you go back and face Zora?

"You're kidding, right?" You jumped, trying to look around and see who was talking. In this place... who could even be here? "You do realize who you're talking to, right?" Standing up in the void, you looked around again, confused, turning your body around constantly to try and find whatever was in the dark.

"Who-"

"Come on, you've been talking to me whenever you could, you can't just up and forget cause you went a little wacky, can ya?" The voice... why did it sound so familiar? You heard a chuckle that seem to come from everywhere.

"Come on, quit fooling around. I didn't choose you to lead my clan so you could sit here in the dark and mope." You froze as you stared in the dark.

"Jarom?" Laughter was heard, echoing into nowhere.

"I told you my real name (Y/n), I expect you to mention me by it. Now turn around and look me in the eyes." Turning around again, you saw a Zoroark right behind you. Not just any Zoroark though.

"Zaine?!" He chuckled a little bit, folding his arms.

"What's wrong (Y/n)? You look like you've seen a ghost." You looked at the guy, flabbergasted beyond belief.

"But... how are..."

"We're inside you (Y/n). This whole darkened void, this is you right now." You stared at Zaine for a minute, still having questions swarm inside your mind. Before you could though, you felt tears coming to your eyes. Turning around and looking down, you felt your tears crawling down your cheeks. Zaine saw you turn your head away.

"Come on (Y/n), you need to turn around and face me." You clenched your hands and teeth, spinning around so you could look Zaine in the eyes.

"Face you? Face you?! How can I face anyone after what I did?! I yelled at my parents, I threatened my family, and I abandoned Zora! I treated the clan like tools! So tell me how I can go and face anyone right now! After how bad I messed up, how can I even look at anyone?!" You turned your head again, taking a couple steps away. Zaine stood there for a minute, and you could feel him staring at the back of your head. You didn't hear anything for a minute, but you felt him put his hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/n), I can see why you're so upset." Zaine said. "But you've got to realize that it's a natural tendency." You pulled your shoulder free from his grip.

"What? To feel like you want to murder everything?" Zaine grabbed your shoulder, spinning you around until he grabbed both shoulders.

"No. Revenge. If anyone had killed Ashlyn, you'd bet your a██ that I'd skin them alive. What Azrael did to Zora, scaring her and making you think that she was actually dead, what you felt, albeit more to an extreme, was natural. (Y/n), you had a right for revenge, but once you start letting it narrow your vision, it's only going to make things a lot worse. You didn't even care if he killed you for Arceus sake! If he had killed you, and Zora found out, how do you think that would affect her? You've got to think (Y/n)." You could only stare as you looked down, only seeing black fur and red claws. You felt Zaine tighten his grip on your shoulders.

"Don't beat yourself up over one mistake man. It's not worth it." You huffed a little bit as you shook your head, chuckling a little bit.

"One mistake? I went ballistic after figuring out what He did to Zora, yelled at my parents, yelled at my own son-"