The First Trial

You were sitting on the deck, still with your knees to your face, but more distant so you could see your surroundings. A day had passed after you had left Castelia City. You watched as different families would play with their kids. The way they laughed and had fun with one another. It hurt you inside to know that a moment like that would almost for sure never come to you.

"(Y/n), are you doing okay?" Zora asked. You looked at her, then sighed before looking back towards the ground.

"I don't know how to tell if everything is real or not anymore." You said. "Everything I see screams out lies, and it only hurts to consider it to be true." You felt her claw, or hand in this case, on your shoulder.

"Hey, everything will be okay." Zora said calmly. "We won't have to worry about them anymore. They're long gone."

"It's not them that I'm worried about anymore." You said. "I left them Zora. It was actually them. They were there when we sailed off. There was no doubt about it. It was them." Silence fell between the two of you. Wherever Zora's friend had gone off to, he sure was taking his time. That or he got lost. It was a decently big ship. You felt Zora give you a kiss on the cheek. It didn't cause your mood to change too much, but it changed enough to get you to blush.

"I'm going to go see if I can't find something. It'll cheer you up." You caught Zora walking away from you and heading towards another part of the ship. She was so nice to you. She always helped you out, no matter what happened. You felt like you didn't deserve this, but it made you feel better that you weren't going through this alone. A minute or two passed until you saw Zora's friend come walking up towards you. He stopped about five feet in front of you, still wearing that look on his face. He brought up his hand and motioned for you to come over.

"What?" You asked. He did it again, this time, a little bit more impatiently. "Alright, I'm coming." He was obviously trying to get you to follow him, so you figured to just follow him and then ask questions later. He took you through a few rooms until the two of you entered. It looked like a sparring room for boxing matches. No one else was in here, but it was still lit up. The door slid automatically shut after enough distance was gained from the door. After the two of you had reached the middle of the room, he stopped, then faced you. He motioned his hand to your pant pockets."What, the knife?" He nodded his head, then held out his hand. It was a little confusing why he would want to see the knife, but you pulled it out of your pocket and handed it to him. He held it in his hands for a minute, examining it. Next thing you knew, he started to bend the pocket knife until it snapped in two! "My knife!" He tossed the pieces to the side, then stared at you again. The blade was completely broken off the handle, and even if you could put it back together, the blade was snapped in two as well! You looked up at him, confused, and a bit angry on why he just broke your only means to defend yourself. "Why the heck did you break it?!"

He stared at you for a minute, his face unchanging. Then, for the first time ever, you saw his face change dramatically. His face was no longer cold and stern, he looked like he just witnessed his family killed in front of him, and he wanted revenge. He hit you quickly with one of his fists, causing you to stagger a few steps back. After you balanced yourself, you looked at him with anger now running through your veins. You clenched your fists and ran straight at him. As you went to hit him, he dodged and hit you again. This time, you fell onto both of your knees, catching yourself with your hands. You felt a little something drip down your cheek. As you picked it up with your fingers, you saw that it was blood. Your anger now boiled into rage. You quickly threw yourself up to your feet and tried another swing at him. He dodged it again but didn't strike back. You threw one punch after another, only for him to keep dodging them. He eventually grabbed your arm and swept you off your feet before throwing you a short distance. By the impact of the ground, you could feel that you were on something hollow. You looked and saw that you were in an arena. He jumped inside it with little to no problem.