A New Greeting

One week went by smoother than you thought. A little too smooth for your liking, but it was doable. This region that your parents were talking about, they weren't kidding when they said it would make them feel better. It was helping you as well. The humidity was a bit much, but with how tropical the island was, everything felt fresh and the waves along the beach was calm for the most part. Surfing competitions were held almost weekly, and there were plenty of friendly faces. You had even met a guy that enjoyed a lot of things you liked. His name was Jeremiah, but everyone called him Jarom. However, you were enjoying time with the family on the beach. Your parents were relaxing on beach chairs, Mawile and Noivern were entertaining Zorua while you and Zora were out in the ocean.

You splashed some sea-water right into her face, causing her to cover her face, or take the water into her mouth. She countered by splashing back right at you. The two of you fought in the waves for a minute. Zora splashed a humongous wave, making you cover your face with both of your arms to protect yourself. When you went to counter, you didn't see Zora in front of you anymore. You looked around for a second, trying to find her. Suddenly, you heard something behind you as well as something grabbing you by your chest. You were plunged into the water, making a large splash as you were submerged underwater. You struggled for a second until you felt your arms seized upon. You opened your eyes in the water, despite the slight sting from the salt water. Zora was above you, staring you down, and smirking upon seeing you stare at her. After a second, she pulled you above water, letting you regain air in your lungs. Zora was laughing, although her hair was now covering her face a little bit.

"Got you!" Zora said, laughing like she had just done the cleverest thing. You chuckled aloud a little.

"Yeah, you did." You said. You regained your footing and positioned yourself for the kill. "But now, I've got you!" You quickly got behind Zora, wrapping your arms around her stomach, then hoisted her out of the water before she had time to react, and crashed her into the ocean behind you, suplexing her. As you let go and re-surfaced, you turned around to face Zora as she surfaced. All of her hair was covering her face now, her entire body drenched in water. She started spitting out salt water out of her mouth. Your little rough-housing caught the attention of Zorua, who was laughing up a storm. You chuckled a little bit, knowing full well that he was probably going to try something on you. You suddenly felt something clamp onto your shoulder and turn you around. Zora was now glaring right back at you. You stiffened and stared at Zora. She took a step closer and grabbed your neck with both her claws, then forced you to sit down. She didn't force your back onto the ground but did use enough force to push you. As she stared directly at you, you didn't dare to move a muscle. The water was up to your chest, not like you could do much else, she had you practically pinned. Despite some of her hair still hanging over her face, you could see a smile crawl on her face as she began to laugh a little bit. You started to chuckle a little bit, letting a smile form, then started to laugh with Zora.

"Someone's learning well." Zora said calming down.

"I learn from the best." You said. Zora looked at you for a second before leaning forward slowly. You got the hint fairly quickly and met her the rest of the way. As you two were smooching, you were interrupted by a voice.

"Heads up (Y/n)!" You quickly looked to your left and saw something coming in fast. You grabbed Zora and pushed back with your legs, dodging a surfboard that crashed where you and Zora were. After you regained your balance, you looked towards where the surfboard came from and saw Jarom a few feet, slowly making progress towards you. "Sorry!" He apologized. "Still trying to get the hang of surfing in shallow water!" You facepalmed, then chuckled a little bit. This was so Jarom. Clumsy and apologetic as ever.

"You almost clobbered us with your surfboard!" Zora yelled out at him. He slowed his pace to walking when he got closer.

"Well Alola to you too." Jarom said.