Awoken to the Truth

"(Y/n)" You heard quietly. You moaned a little bit. "(y/n), wake up!" You felt something lightly slap the side of your face. You blinked your eyes open.

"Zora? What's goin-" She held a claw to your mouth.

"Shh." Zora whispered. "Don't speak." She helped you up to your feet. As you rubbed your eyes, you looked around and saw rocks and stalagmites lying all around. You looked at Zora confused. Zora saw your confusion, she knew she would have questions to answer, but not now. "Listen (y/n), we need to get out of here. I'm going to pick you up, so don't struggle. They won't suspect anything if they only hear one set of footsteps. Do you understand?" Your head was spinning. You didn't understand, but you nodded anyway. "Alright, don't make any noise." You felt your legs being taken from under you as you were picked up by Zora. You saw her look around, then start off in a direction. You looked around, and saw multiple spots with red and black fur. Other Zoroark's? Where did they come from? She walked calmly through what looked like a thick forest. You turned your head back and saw an entrance to cave with something standing at the entrance. Something with blue eyes, and red hair, just like Zora. Another Zoroark watched as Zora carried you away from the cave. You looked back at Zora, completely confused. Zora looked back down at you, then looked back, then back to you. "Alright, now you can start asking, but keep your voice down." You tried to search your head for the first question.

"What's going on?" You asked. Zora let out a sigh.

"We're leaving the pack." Zora said. Pack?

"What pack?" You questioned.

"My pack." Zora replied. "And your prison."

"P-PRISON?!" You exclaim.

"Keep your voice down!" Zora whispered harshly. "We don't want the others hearing you." You struggled a little bit until you fell out of Zora's grasp and landed on the ground. As you pushed yourself up, your head was swarming with questions. Before you could shout the next question, Zora put her hand over your mouth. "Look, I know you have a lot of questions, but if you'll keep quiet, I'll explain as much as I can while we're getting out of here, but only if you keep quiet. Once we get far enough, I'll let you ask questions, okay?" You brought your hands up to try and push Zora's hand off your mouth, but she only held on tighter. "Please, it's for both of our safety." You looked at her eyes for a minute. You were going to get answers one way or another, depending on whatever choice you made. You let out a sigh through your nose, then nodded your head. Zora slowly released her hand from your mouth, then signaled for you to follow. As your footsteps crunched on the gravel, you began to recognize the road in front of you, despite the darkness of night.

"Why are we back in Unova?" You asked.

"Please, let me say everything first." Zora pleaded. The two of you walked for a minute longer in silence, then Zora stopped you at a road. She had you walk along another gravel road as she walked beside. "(y/n), there's no easy way to put this." The words got caught in her mouth, but then began to explain. "You've been in a trance for two years." Zora said. "Ever since you ran into me and my parents before they were killed." Trance? Two years?! What was she talking about? You opened your mouth to ask just that, but Zora held up her hand. "Hold on a minute. Let me find a way to say this." Zora said. You looked at her as she stumbled through what she was trying to say. "When you stood up for me against that Scrafty, the pack came in and took care of the Scrafty. They were about to do the same to you until my mother interfered. She told them how you stood up for me and tried to protect me. They no longer had the desire to kill you, but they couldn't let you go either. You saw too many of us." Your head was still spinning, none of this was making sense.

"How have I been in a trance? And for two years?" You asked.

"It's our natural ability." Zora said. "We punish those who try to hurt one another by putting them through trances and illusions." She looked up at the sky for a minute, then to you. "They were going to keep you there as a prisoner at first, but then our pack leader got the idea to study how your kind live. So, under his orders, you were kept in the trance for two years up to today. I was to be assigned to different parents due to my real ones being..."