Chapter Twenty Five

~Gage's P.O.V.~

I bit my nail as we made our way to the hospital. Tears were still silently rolling down my face. I looked out the window, everything moved by in a blur. I could tell we were speeding, but it still felt like we were going teasingly slow. One question still taunted me...

What if Danny died before we go there?

My stomach pinched in a tight knot, just at the thought. To see my Danny, lying there, lifeless in a hospital bed. This was my fault. I knew he was acting weird. Kimberly told me of times when they went out and he started to act weird and panicked. I should have stayed with him. Maybe if I did that person would have never done this. Who was he?

Damn it.

He lost so much blood. He was covered in it. I'd bet money he had more on the outside then inside his body. Who would do this to him? Especially when he's here? He barely left the house on his own.

My heart began to intensify as we pulled up into the hospital parking lot. Before the car was even completely stopped I jumped out and walked quickly up to the automatic doors. I walked up to the desk. The lady looked up at me.

"Uh, D-Daniel Brown."

She nodded and typed in his name. She read a little bit and looked up at me apologetic eyes. "He's in intensive care, you have to be 18 to go in." She said with a frown

I whipped out my ID and showed her. Yes I was 18 thank you very much. She nodded her head and asked me if I was family.

"Duh." I said impatiently.

She opened the doors and I rushed inside after finding out his room number. When I came across it I hesitated. What if I see something horrible. Maybe it would be better if I didn't go inside. I took a deep breath, discarding my thoughts and walked inside. My hand automatically hit my mouth.

Danny was black and blue and the skin that wasn't was grey, he had a wrap around his chest area, breathing tubs in his nose, and my poor baby... He wasn't even conscious yet. I slowly made my way over to the chair next to his bed. Tears so close to spilling over that I didn't even care if anyone saw. I just let them out. I sat down and grabbed hold of his limp hand. "Oh Danny, please wake up."

I looked up to see any signs of life, but of course I didn't. I'm fooling myself. I looked up at his heart rate monitor. It beeped mockingly at me. Please don't die out. I looked back at Danny and placed a small kiss on his hand.

"Gage it's going to be okay." I heard my mothers voice.

I never even noticed they came in. She placed a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"It will be okay when he wakes up." I hissed. "Who would do this to him anyway?"

"I don't know, he's such a sweet boy. It breaks my heart." My mom cried.

Kimberly cuddled closer to my dad and cried along with us. This was horrible come one Danny please wake up. My grip on his had tightened. Danny shifted a bit, making me literally jump from my seat.

"Is he waking up?" I asked.

"Gage, calm down, he's not in a coma or anything, just sleeping, and you should let him. He's lost a lot of blood, he needs to rest." My dad informed me.

"Oh..." I sat back down and hugged my knees to my chest.

Three minutes past to three hours, and Danny still wasn't awake. It was killing me, I just wanna talk to him. I wanna hold him and kiss him again. I wanna be with him and help him through this. It's my fault I should have never left him. I shook my head and stood up and started to walk away.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kimberly snapped.

I glared at her and shrugged before walking out of the room. I needed some air. I walked out of the building and sat on the curb. The cold air was creating goose bumps on my skin, but I didn't care. The gushing wind punched me and whipped my hair everywhere. But oddly it felt good. After a good cooling off I slowly made my way back inside and to the room.

"Okay Danny I just need you to follow the light with your eyes." A doctor said.

A jolt of electricity bolted through me. Hes awake! And I missed it! I made my way into the room and stood quietly by my mom. I tapped my foot on the floor. Finally, to much of my happiness the doctor smiled, thanked Danny and grabbed my parents to talk to him about things. I took a seat next to his bed and smiled, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

"How are you feeling."

He shook his head, fear in his eyes. "It hurts, I'm scared." He said weakly.

I got up and kissed his forehead. "I'm sorry Danny, who... who did it to you?"

He looked down trying to remember. Then he shook his head again and looked away.

"I don't really wanna talk about it."

"But Danny-"

"Gage stop, he just woke up, give him some time." Kimberly scolded.

I leaned back in my chair and folded my arms. Angry that for once she was right. I'm a bad bad person...

I grabbed hold of his hand, just because I wanted to feel the warmth of his body radiate to mine. When he twisted his fingers around mine a smile came to my face.

I heard Kimberly sigh before saying; "I gotta pee." And leaving the room.

I felt Danny tug on my hand, I looked up at him to see him giving me a pout face. I stood up and walked over to him, pushing down the side things on the bed and taking a seat. "Whats wrong?"

He opened his arms. "I need a hug."

I smiled and pulled him into my chest. He sighed and melted into me. I rubbed his back up and down with my hand. This pure warmth shocking throughout my body felt so good. I know it was only a couple hours since I hugged him last, but it really felt like years.

"I'm so glad you're awake." I said, kissing the top of his head.

"I'm glad you're here. I was scared you left when I woke up, everyone was in here but you." He said through my chest. He looked up at me, his usual deep blue eyes fading a little.

"I'm sorry." I whispered leaning down and capturing his lips in mine.

He wrapped his arms around my chest and held me close. I heard him sniffle as his shoulders rose and fell. I pulled away and looked at his. "What's wrong?"

He looked down and began to twirl his thumbs, a thing I noticed he does when he gets nervous. "Its just that... I was so scared, I thought... I thought I'd never see you again. It scared me to death. Gage, you just... You mean so much to me, the thought was almost unbearable!" Danny wiped his eye with the back of his hand, but kept his head down. "You really mean a lot to me, and its weird, because I've never felt this way... About anyone before."

I smiled down at him softly and kisses him one more time, savoring his lips on mine. I don't think he knows how he ripped the exact words right from my mouth. Don't worry Danny, I feel the same way.

____________________________________

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated lately. I had like 3 tests last week so I was up to my bootay in studying!! Oh and sorry that this chapter is super duper short too. Were close to mid winter break so I'll update then and try sometime before then! I hope you guys are enjoying my book! Can you believe it? I have over 4,000 reads!!! I never thought I would EVER get that many reads. It really makes me believe that one day I can fulfill my dream of publishing a book! I hope it gets even more popular then it is now.

Oh and if you're into BOTDF and BVB read my new book My Blood Will Be All Over Them Black Veil Brides! Yes it's only one chapter but I'm putting MY personality into the main character Aila! And I need more reads! Thanks! Seriously love all of you with all my <3!