Chapter Four

I followed Mr. Kon down the labyrinth of stair cases and hallways. Most of them painted a royal red, matched with either pure white, or dark green carpet. It was a pretty house, I'll give it that. The decor was old fashion and look like a thousand bucks. Even though I'm sure it was.

We came up to a large wooden double door entrance. Swiftly Mr. Kon pulled keys from his pocket and stuck them in the key hole, flipping them with a click.

The doors opened then he gestured me in. "Butler heaven." I gasped under my breath. In front of me were thousands of cleaning products and supplies. Mr. Kon walked over to one of the many shelves, he picked up a bucket and a hand scrubber. After he completed that he walked over the the chemicals and poured a yellow substance into the bucket, water accompanied it. With a big grin spread across his face he walked over to me and handed me the bucket.

I studied it before ripping it from his hands, spilling some on the way. "Go to your right, the third door down is the empty storage room. Were making it into Kimberly and Gage's 'hang out' room. First we need to clean it, so carry on and clean the floors." He instructed.

I sent him an evil glare and walked off. I wasn't the type to be told what to do. I hated it. But I stuck to the 'positive'; The faster I get this job done, the faster I can isolate myself in my room once again.

I took Mr. Kon's directions, turning to the right and passing though the third door. I stood in a relatively big room. Well big enough for more than 10 people to hang out and still move around without bumping shoulders with everyone.

I set the bucket down, kneeling with it. I stared into the reflection that stared back through the yellow chemical.

It made me sick.

This body was made by him. That man, that beast. I placed a hand on my right shoulder. The skin was still tender and torn slightly, held together only by stitches. I was told by the doctor that I could cut them in a week or so. But if it wasn't for him, then I wouldn't have to have stitches. I wouldn't have nightmares of being killed by his hands every night. I wouldn't be scared of every hand that raises next to me. I wouldn't be so weak. So messed up.

I felt my anger swelling up again, and I knew then and there I just needed to calm down. I sunk my hand down into the bucket, the smell to ammonia filling the air around me. I pulled the hand scrubber from it and pushed it back and fourth, side to side.

The anger was still there though. The worst part about it was that I couldn't get him out of my mind. Never. He was always in the back of my mind. Always haunting me, always watching.

I hadn't realized I was in such deep thought until I felt arms wrap around my chest. I jumped back a little, dropping the brush. My hear twirled around to see a grinning Gage. Instantly my stare became a scowl.

"Leave me alone." I hissed.

He gave me a dumb look. "I do not understand your language." He said in an obvious fake American accent.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "do you need anything?"

"Yeah, but I've got it in my arms now." He purred.

"Gage, I'm trying to clean." I growled.

"It can wait."

I gave him a plain expression, "no it can't! Now please Gage, let me get back to work." I was getting extremely annoyed now.

"Danny," Gage said, grabbing my chin.

I let out an annoyed sigh and turned my head as his hand moved it. Our eyes connected for a while. I took this time to examine his face. His eye's were a light blue color. His face didn't have a single mark on it, his black hair layering around his cheeks.

"Let me go." I pushed him away, making me fall hard to the wet ground. I rubbed my aching elbow and glared at Gage. "Stop touching me."

I sent me back a smile. "Are you okay?" He asked, oblivious to my threat.

"Fine and dandy." I said in a mocking tone. 

"That's good!" He extended a hand out to me.

I flinched back, instinct hitting my mind. Gage's hand slowly retreated. " I wasn't going to... hit you."

Crap.

"I know!" I snapped.

"Danny, are you... okay?" Gage cautiously asked.

I scooted away from him a little bit. "Just fine."

Gage bent down to my level and stole a seat on my lap. Both of his legs were seated on either side of me. His hands on the ground near my hips.

"Are you sure?" Concern filled his eyes, "you looked terrified right there. I didn't mean to scare you, I- I'm sorry." He cried.

I was stunned. No one has ever talked to me with such concern before. No one ever really cared about me. I stared at him in disbelief. How could a person I've only barely gotten to know for two days care so much about me? He lowered his head, looking down and shook it.

"I'm sorry," he repeated, "I, I don't know what to say though."

A small, weak smile came to my lips. "If you have nothing to say, then don't say anything. Some times it's better to just say silent, I'm sorry I flinched back at you. I- I've just been in so many fights, it's just a normal thing for me." I lied, hoping he would fall for it.

"Danny?"

"Yeah?"

"Um, can... Can I kiss you?"

___________________________________________________

A/NWolf: So I hope you guy's liked it as much as I did! I'm in love with this story lol, it's my new favorite! :3 I might just put DITD on hold and just write this one! I think it would be nice just to be able to focus on one book at a time, don't ya think!? ;)

Well,

Comment

Like

Add to favorites

Fan

I would love you this much ________________________  ^_^  _________________________ if you did! ;D