Chapter Twenty Two

I didn't mention my Dad in England ordeal to anyone in the Pure family. Including Gage. He kept bugging me about why I had a panic attack. So I lied to him and told him I had a flashback. I know I shouldn't lie to him, but I don't want to be a burden. I rolled over and looked at Gage's sleeping face. A small smile found it's way across my face.

I think for once in my life... I'm genuinely happy.

I yawned before getting out of bed and running over to the bathroom. I shredded off my clothes and started the shower. After the water had warmed up I hopped in and allowed the hot water to drench my skin and hair. I grabbed the shampoo and lathered my hair. My mind began to wander.

And when it wanders, I'm sure you know to who.

My father of course. Who was that man before. "He's here." I'm positive that's what he said into the phone. And unless Gage is in the Mafia or Kimberly is actually a man, he was talking about me. Maybe my mind is playing tricks on me. My dad's not out of jail. My mom was wrong. It wasn't my dad in the paper. It was another man that looked like my dad. My mom said she wasn't sure if that was him in the first place anyway...

Suddenly I started to feel queasy. Oh god, I was going to throw up. As quickly as I would, I washed the shampoo out of my hair.

Attempting to hold down the condense of my stomach. I jumped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist before running over to the toilet. My gag reflexes kicked in, I tried to stay as quiet as I could. Everything came out into the toilet. Suddenly feeling horrible and sick to my stomach. Thank god it was a Saturday.

After flushing the toilet I got dressed and brushed my teeth about three times. I opened up the cupboard and took out my anti-depressant and my anxiety pills. I popped them into my mouth and washed them down with water.

I made sure I looked okay before heading back out into the bedroom. Gage was still asleep like a baby. I decied not to wake him and I quietly walked out of my room.

"Danny!" Kimberly cheerfully skipped over to me.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Good morning, sexy." She winked at me before walking down the stairs.

I raised an eye brown at her. But decided she was just joking and let it fly. I caught up to her and we began to talk about really random stuff. We sat down at the breakfast table, across from each other. Our conversation lead from one random thing to the next.

"No way!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah and even though he got her pregnant he still thought I would stay with him." Kimberly grumbled.

I laughed a little. "What a hoe!"

Her face lit up and we both exploded in laughter. Soon a messy haired Gage walked out.

"You two... Are so loud." He hissed.

I smiled at him before running up to him and pecking his nose. "Don't be so cranky!" Kimberly and I both laughed before leaving the room. We skipped over to the Game Room. Yeah Kimberly and I are video game buddies. It's great.

"What should we play?" Kimberly asked, scanning all the games. "Ah!" She exclaimed as she took one out.

After playing Halo for a good hour and a half we decided to go out. It was actually quite fun. We went window shopping, actual shopping. Well Kimberly did seeing as I had no money. But that's okay. I actually liked shopping with her. She told me she could see that I was letting my inner gay out.

I'll just ignore that comment!

"Ah, I had so much fun!" Kimberly sighed. "Were going to have to do this a lot more often!"