Chapter Twelve

~Gage's P.O.V.~

I just needed some time. Time to take it in. Hit, he was... Hit. By his own dad? How could you do that to your child? I got sick just thinking about it.

I sat down on my bed and placed my head in my hands. I couldn't look at him. It made me wanna throw up. No wonder he's so angry, so, so messed up. The nightmares were of his dad, the crying was because of his dad, the closed off kid he was, was because of his dad. I bit down on my lip as I thought about my dad. He was just, so nice! How could you be so cruel as to hit your own child... But then again he could be lying to me. What if that is? What if he lying to me?

"Danny? Come down here please!" I heard my mother call.

I pressed my ear to the wall, I could tell that they were by the stairs, right next to my room.

"Yeah." I barely heard his mumbled. "What are these?"

"Plane tickets, your mother sent them a few days ago and we just got them. You're going home for Christmas, you'll be coming back after New Years."

"Why do I have to come back afterwards?"

"Because your three months aren't done yet, you've only completed one."

I heard him sigh sadly. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, we'll be dropping you off at the air port tomorrow morning around 9."

"'Kay."

"Are you okay, dear?"

There was a long pause. "I guess you could say that."

There were footsteps coming up the stairs. "I'm sorry to interrupt, but can I steal Danny?"

I heard my mom sigh heavily, "I suppose so."

Then everything went silent.

~Danny's P.O.V~

"Yeah?" I asked as Kimberly and I walked down the cobble stone path that surrounded the many dying flowers.

"Something’s up with you and Gage, I can tell."

I stiffened but relaxed before she could notice. "Did you two get in a fight?" She asked.

I shook my head no, looking down at the ground. "You guys broke up didn't you?"

"Woe woe woe! First of all, we were never together in the first place. Second of all... We just..." I was at a loss for words. I didn't know how to respond to that.

She was right though. We did get in a fight... I think. Hell I'm not even sure what happened. "He's just, I think he needs time." I told her.

She nodded. "So what did you tell him? It must have been something big to make him act like this."

I felt my stomach drop a little. "It was nothing. I didn't tell him anything..."

"Danny, you're a really bad li-"

"Danny! Just because you're leaving soon doesn't mean you can slack off, get inside and vacuum the living room right now!" Mr. Kon yelled after me.

"I-I'll be right in!" I yelled back, breathing a sigh of relief. "I'll talk to you later." I said before rushing inside.

~Kimberly's P.O.V~

Something was definitely up. I could feel it. Danny said it was nothing, but I beg to differ. I walked inside the house and heard a distant sound of the vacuum.

Perfect.

I quickly rush upstairs to Gage's room. I could hear the quiet hum of music echoing from his walls. I knocked and waited for permission to enter. When I didn't get one I just walked in. Gage was sitting on his bed, typing away on his laptop.

"Ignoring me now?" I asked.

He didn't reply. I walked over to him and sat next to him. "What are you doing?" I asked when I realized that the writing was in a different language.

"A paper that I have to do before we go back to school." He bluntly said.

"Oh, so what’s wrong?"

No reply.

"With you and Danny?"

He stiffened.

"I knew it." I hissed under my breath.

"Gage, what’s going on?"

"Just go away!" He snapped, making me jump back a little.

"What the hell is your problem?" I yelled back.

"You! I'm so sick of you! This whole time you have been trying to tear Danny and I apart and guess what Danny and I, our thing, it’s over! You can have him!" He screamed in my face.

"So what? That doesn't mean you can just dump him on the side of the road! Did you even give him an explanation? And haven't you noticed? I backed off! It was some friendly competition but when I really realized that Danny liked you I backed off! Why? Why did you do it?!"

"His dad!" He yelled almost cutting me off.

"His dad?"

"His dad hit him! That's why he's here! That's why he's so angry!" Gage hissed.

I felt my blood begin to boil. "Like he could have controlled it! How could you? That's lower than low." I hissed back in his face.

We both jumped when there was a small knock on the door. We both looked back to see none other than Danny standing in the doorway with an eyebrow raised.

"Kimberly, your mom needs to talk to you."

I sent one last glare at Gage before walking away, dragging Danny away along with him.

"Kimberly what’s wrong?"

I didn't answer him; I just continued to drag him along. I jerked back when Danny stopped walking. I turned around to see him. He had a very sad expression on his face.

"He told you didn't he." He asked biting at his lip.

I nodded. He let out a sigh before walking away leaving me in my guilt.

____________________________

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in forever! I decided to dedicate this chapter to XXAnimeNerdXOX because the comment she left on the last chapter just made me feel really good. :) Thanks so much it meant a lot!