Chapter Five

I was stunned. I wasn't going to kiss him, just how do I tell him that? "Uh, I-I don't know..." I mumbled.

Then suddenly Gage started to break out in laughter. "You should have seen your face! You were so serious, that was amazing!" He gasped out between fits of laughter.

I felt rage boiling over. "Get out! Leave I can't stand it when people do things like that!"

"Oh, I see how it is, you wanted me to kiss you!" He shrieked covering his mouth.

I gave him my darkest glare. "Totally." I growled sarcastically.

Gage giggled, then skipped away. I rolled my eyes and got back to my 'job.'

 ~

The truth be told, I actually wanted to kiss Danny. I watched him from afar, he scrubbed the floor looking into nothing. A blank expression spread across his face. I wonder what was going through his mind. He had a glimpse of fear and anger in his blue eyes. He looked overly thin, he hasn't been eating here either. The only thing I saw him eat was dinner last night... But even then it wasn't much.

"Gage?" The scrubbing stopped, "can you come here please?"

I took one more look at Danny, who now was not doing anything. Just sitting there like a lifeless dummy. I looked away, and ran out of the room. Making sure I was quiet enough so the door wouldn't make a loud noise intending that I had still been watching Danny.

I rushed out to see Kimberly at the door. "What were you doing?" She giggled at me.

"Nothing!" I snapped. Smooth move.

"Really?"

"Really." I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

"No no no! I have a question!" Kimberly cried before attaching herself to my back.

We stumbled over and she broke out in laughter. I rolled my eyes and stood myself up. "Okay, okay you caught me. What do you want?" I laughed.

"Okay so here's the deal, you've seen Danny right?"

"Yeah." I was just down there trying to make him kiss me.

She put her hands together. "He's hot!" She said at last, and my heart sank. "Don't'cha think?"

I nodded my head, "yeah, I do."

Her smile faded away to evil Kimberly, "well back off." She hissed. "Don't think I didn't see you spying on him just now." She giggled before skipping off to where Danny was.

Okay, I have only known him for two days. Were both men. The only problem is... He's not gay... I guess it was one of those things that were just never meant to be. But what was that? Kimberly had never talked to me like that before.

Maybe I should just stop. He would probably rather have Kimberly over me anyway.

~

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist again.

"Gage, go away." I hissed.

"Nope! Not Gage this time!" A voice giggled.

"Oh, hi Kimberly."

"Hey!" She stumbled down besides me, "whats up?"

I looked down, "isn't that obvious?" I grumbled, continually scrubbing the floor.

"Wow, you made outstanding progress! You're amazing!" She cooed, her accent reminding me of a young child.

"Thanks." I mumbled

I hadn't realized that I was actually almost done with the room. "I just wonder what Mr. Kon had for me next." I sighed.

"You don't have to address hims so formally you know! Just call him Kon." Kimberly snapped.

"K- Kon." I said, testing it out.

It just didn't feel right to me.

"I think I'll stick to 'Mr. Kon.'" I stated.

She sent me a smile, "very well! Have it your way!" She said before skipping out of the room.

By the time the sorry to the door to the hallway slammed I had finished. My back and arms were aching, and all I wanted to do was retreat to my bedroom and sleep. I hated this job, and I hated this family. Especially their son. He was annoying, and saying he was going to make me gay? I think not! That's not a choice. What a prick. Then coming in here and touching me the way he does? Even kissing the top of my head. Sick... Were both men. That was the worst taboo. What would my father do? He'd probably beat me to death if I told him a man thought I was attractive. I had to laugh a little at the thought. He almost beat me to death every time he touched me.

Every time he came near me he would hit me. Now I know it was just to see me cry. And I did... I did cry. Would he have stopped if I just ran away? Would he have hit my sister or mother? If he hadn't gone to jail would he have killed me? Or, was there just something wrong with me that made him hate me. I always tried to be a good kid, I never talked back, always did what I was told yet he still hated me.

I screamed and practically fell over when I felt a hand grab hold of my shoulder.

"Danny?" And old voice crackled.

I turned around to see Mr. Kon standing behind me. I let out the breath that was caught in my throat.

"Yes?" I breathed out.

"You're done. Go lay down." It was obvious he looked worried.

I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Instead I just settled on a single nod. I got up and floated passed him. "Somthing's got you spooked?" Mr. Kon asked.

As I passed I looked at him and nodded. He placed a hand on my back. " I can tell, just go rest."

Once again I nodded and walked away. I walked to my room and curled into a ball on top of my bed. Tears began to run down my face as I remembered the past.

                                                              ~Flashback~

"Daddy stop it!" My twin sister Nicky screamed.

I hid my face as my 'father' landed punches on me. The pain was intense and I was going numb. Punch after punch I could taste more blood in my mouth. Then a single tear came running down my check, and the hitting stopped. My father erupted in laughter before kicking me in the stomach. I yelped and coughed. Nicky ran down to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on, lets get upstairs." She was crying again because of me.

I nodded and she helped me to our bedroom. She grabbed a washcloth from the sink and began to dab my lip and nose.

"I hate him." She hissed.

I nodded before pulling her into a hug. She hugged me tightly as I began to cry again...

                                                       ~End of Flashback~

I punched the pillow behind me. Nicky was such a sweet heart for her age. Maybe it was because we were twins. I didn't know, but I will tell you this much, I would give my life just to hold her in my arms again... I missed her. The 'N' necklace which I refused to remove from my neck resembles her. I grabbed hold of it and closed my eyes. More tears started to rush down my face and I thought of her.

The pain I had always felt better after I would cry in her shoulder. She was such a sweet girl. She's gone and yet the world keeps spinning... People move on, yet it seems I'm stuck in one place. Screaming in a room full of people yet none of them turn to see me... None hear me, except for Nicky.

I let out a sigh and laid down, suddenly I didn't feel very active. Some times I wish the end would just come... I didn't care what it was. Weather it was dying of old age, or at the hands of my so called father.  I didn't mind... I seems like I'm just extra weight on the worlds shoulders...