Chapter Sixteen

~Danny's P.O.V.~

I stared at my phone with wide eyes. Had he read my thoughts? Did Gage want to talk to me as much as I wanted to talk to him? With little hesitation I pushed the send button and put the phone to my ear.

"H-hello?" I stuttered into the phone?

After a few seconds with no reply, I repeated my hello.

After another few moments and no reply I let out a sigh of disappointment, it must have been a butt dial. I was just about to end the call when I heard his voice call out my name.

"Danny?" I was weak but I definitely heard it.

"Hello?" I asked again.

A sigh was heard from the other end, "Danny, I, I wanted to talk to you."

"Oh..." Was the only thing I could think of.

"Danny, I-I've been an ass to you. Now that you've left, I've realized that. I pushed you into telling me, well you know, and afterwards I got mad at you." He let out a sigh. "What I'm trying to say is, I'm really sorry for yelling at you..."

I felt my heart begin to pound. I was at a loss for words. It felt like forever I waited to hear those words. A smile came to my lips.

"It's okay." I whispered, still astonished.

I heard a sigh come from the other end, making my smile grow. The feeling of weightlessness came across me. I felt as if I would float of the swing where I was seated, but I only knew that was there because my head was clear. Gage didn't hate me.

"Danny?" Gage asked.

"Yes?"

"Do you think, if it's possible, that maybe just maybe I could have another chance?"

I let out a small laugh, "I'll think about it."

I heard a sinker from the other end of the line. "We'll see about that."

I smiled suddenly getting rather tired and cold in the coming of Spring weather. "Well Gage, it's about 4 in the morning, I've got to go back to bed."

"Oh! I totally forgot about the time change! I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. Good night."

"Night."

I hung up and got up from my swing. I stretched my arms out above my head and yawned. Descending down though the playground. I made my way past the bench, without a second glance at it. This playground, my father, the abuse, for now, it's behind me.

I couldn't take the smile off my face as I walked into my house, up to my bed room and into my bed. The giddy feeling in the bottom of my stomach really meant that I cared for Gage. I honestly wouldn't call it 'love' quite yet. But maybe, just maybe it could blossom into love.

Love.

An emotion I only felt from my mother...

                                                                          ***

I woke up about 7:30 and groaned. I don't know if it was because Mr. Kon always woke me up so early that I was waking up now... But I blame him! I grumbled as I slowly made my way out of bed. I ran to take a quick shower, before drying and throwing clothes on. I slowly made my way down the stairs, looking the the halls. This place dosen't seem the same as it use to. I'm not sure if it was because of the rich looking decor of Gage's home, or I just forgot. I traveled downstairs to the smell of breakfast.