Chapter One

"Damn it Danny!" My mother scolded me from the bench I was seated on. "I'm done here, next time I wont bail you out!"

"Didn't you say that the last four times?" I mumbled from under my breath.

A police man, one I knew well, came strolling up to us, papers in his hands. "Hes ready to go Mrs.Brown." The cop, Mr. Will reported to my mother.

"Thank you Mr. Will." She sighed.

We both stood up and walked to our car. I knew what was coming next... The lecture. I strapped in and looked out my window.

"Danny." My mother said in that menacing tone.

I rolled my eyes as I turned my head. "Yes mother?" I said in a mocking tone.

Then she gave me the lecture. You know that one right? The one where you pretend to listen, but you really don't. You just nod your head and say you'll never do it again. Psh, yeah right.

After my lecture I rushed inside my house, clapping.

"Congratulations, you made it last the whole way home!"

Ignoring my comment my mother signaled me to the sofa. After I sat down she handed me a paper with an evil grin smeared on her face. I looked down confused, the paper read.

'Are you sick of your teens mischief? There is a way to fix it now with the Child Check Program."

My head shot up to her grinning face.

"What... The hell... Is this?" I growled.

"It's called punishment. Pack your bags Danny, you're leaving for England tomorrow for the rest of the winter. Now this is what we call 'free labor'." She clapped, throwing a plane ticket on my lap.

I was outraged. "You can't do this!" I yelled, slamming my hand on the coffee table in front of me.

"Actually Danny, yes I can. I'm your mother remember? Oh and your father's coming home today so I would advise you re-think that." She grinned.

 I tensed up. How could she use him as a threat.

I looked up disgusted. "How could you do that?"

"Danny he's a changed man!"

"He tried to kill me! He hit me!" I yelled, almost cutting her off.

"Danny just give him a second chance! He's a changed man now!" She repeated

"I gave him a second chance! I gave him more then a second chance! Whats wrong with you? What kind of mother are you to say with a man who almost killed his son and drove her daughter to suicide? You're disgusting!" I yelled in her face.

I turned around and stormed out of the room. Ignoring my mothers pleads to come back.  Maybe it would be better if I went... And never came back.

I slammed the door to my room and slid down the back. Curling up into a ball, I covered the back of my head with my hands. I use to sit like that when my dad would hit me, you see... He was an abusive drunk... And he was always drunk. He would hit, punch, slap and kick me. Once he even tried to drowned me. After watching the abuse for so long it lead my 7 year old sister to kill herself... Even though he never laid a finger on her or my mother, it was only me. Then one day, a few years after the incident when I was 10, he got so drunk that he grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter and stabbed me right above the left side of my hip. He's been in jail ever since. Now, the man who scarred my body is coming home. Will he hit me again?

I shook off the thoughts and grabbed the suite case from under my bed and quickly put clothes into it. I had to go downstairs and grab my tooth brush and other grooming utensils. I walked downstairs, without passing a glance to my mom. Walking into the bathroom I grabbed what I needed for my stay. You know, the usually; hair brush, tooth brush, tooth paste, hair spray etc.

Right when I was about to grab the last thing I needed out of the bathroom I felt a strong hand on my shoulder. I could already tell that it was not my mothers. So I came to the conclusion... It was my dads. I whirled around to face him. He held a blank face, while I felt my own flush. I backed up, almost falling into the shower.

"Danny." He whispered.

"Dad?" My voice squeaked.

I felt my nerves pumping up. I seriously needed to get out of there. He inched closer and closer to me, his hand out stretched. Before my brain could respond my legs bolted me out of the bathroom and through the front door. I heard his cries from my back door. I ignored them, my feet seemed to have a mind of their own. They ran off of fear, off of weakness. They only stopped when my lungs took over my brain and screamed for my feet to stop. I realized that I was in a small park in the middle of our town. I walked over to a near by bench and took a seat. I placed my head in my hands and closed my eyes. Waiting for my breath to return to normal. He was my only weakness. He is the only one that could ever make me shed tears. Hes the man the world expects me to call 'Father'. But, how can I?

I lifted my head from my hands and peered up at the starry sky. Thousands of them, scattered across the sky, why couldn't I be one of them? So free...

I felt a hand on my shoulder, instantly my body shot up looking back. There, standing behind me was my father. My eyes grew wide as fear of being alone with him struck back memories of the past. He came around the corner and sat down, me backing away the whole time. He padded the open spot on the bench where he sat, signalling for me to sit down. Reluctantly I shook my head, refusing to sit by him. He let out an annoyed sigh and opened his mouth to speak.

"Danny, I messed up." He mumbled. "I really did. I didn't mean to hurt you." Yes he did. "I just wanted to see you cry. That's all. That's not to much to ask from a man is it? To see his son cry?"

"You sick asshole." I growled.

He put a finger up to his mouth and shushed me.

"I never saw anything wrong in what I did. But- then comes your mother. Always ever- single- time-. Right when I began to have fun too! She would bolt in the door, 'Stop it stop it! You're hurting him!'" He mimicked in a woman's voice.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now! He had fun doing that to me? I always that it was just drunken behavior.

"I want to see those tears again." He growled.

I turned to run away but before I could take a step I felt a piercing pain in my shoulder. One that I had only felt once before when I was 10 years old... He had stabbed me.

"Dad! You just stabbed me!" I screamed through pain.

He lifted my head by my hair and watched with a laugh as tears cascaded down my face. "That's my boy." He praised in an evil tone.

I heard feet walking away right before a car drove away. My vision was a blur from tears and pain. I could feel the warmth of blood dripping down the side of my right shoulder. Then everything hit me. He did enjoy doing that to me... He enjoyed to see the tears from my eyes... Only my eyes. That's why he didn't do that to my sister or mother. I can't complain though, I'm glad it wasn't them... I just wish my sister wouldn't have left me...

The winter air was cold and the snow that I laid on was stained red. I needed help... When I tried to speak, nothing would come out. Just shallow croaks. Only when I heard foot steps did my hopes rise. My vision was so blurry now from loss of blood that I could only make out, three, maybe four distorted figures walking towards me.

 "Oh my God, dude that's blood! Call for an ambulance! Hurry he's been stabbed!" One of the men said.

I felt a pain that I couldn't even describe coming from my shoulder, indicating that the knife was coming out. I lost my conciseness as I seen the light of a phone blare into sight. I knew now... I was safe. But, he scarred me again...

___________________________________________________________

A/NWolf: I hope that my little ninjas liked it! :)