Chapter 1- A New Beginning

Ariella's POV

It was just another typical Friday afternoon for workaholics to work their asses off in the offices as they push on for the last lap of the week, students to rush back home in hopes of getting a break off from school and perhaps older people taking a stroll in the nearby park, admiring the work of Mother Nature over the years.

But for me, I could not help but to reminisce of those precious memories that the special one and I had shared over the months.

Never in my life that I would ever expect myself to get an EX-BOYFRIEND.

Yup, that special ex-boyfriend goes by the name of Tyler Hood. 

Sounds like a name for a typical playboy / bad boy huh?

If I were to use one word to describe my relationship with Tyler, I would say it as indescribable.

A relationship that was initially sweet to touch, but soon turned cold without any evidence to back it up. 

Long story short, a bittersweet relationship I would say. 

Although we have sort-of broke up sometime ago, my heart could not help but to flutter and break a little each time I see or even hear his name. 

It seems as though it was only yesterday when he left me for good. And in a blink of an eye, today was supposed to be our eleventh month together as a couple.

It is so fascinating to see how fast time flies at the slip of our fingertips as we continue to catch up with the momentum of the world. But sadly, as I continue to catch up with the momentum, I also found my heart drowning deeper into the oceans of my sorrows.

Just as I was deep in my own thoughts, my phone vibrated on the study table as I waited upon my best friend (that I have ever made in this school) to meet me in the school library for a study session together.

I picked up my phone to view the unread message on my phone.

Ella: Hey Ariella, I will be slightly late! Finally ended my class! Sorry for the wait :(

Me: No worries Ella. I have already found and booked the seats for the both of us in the library :)

Ella: Woah, great! Thank you and see you later! :)

Me: See you!!

I put my phone down once I had sent that message to Ella. I then proceed on to rummaging my bag as I think about the homework assigned to us for the week.

Let's see. 2 other module e-lectures to go through for the week and 3 individual parts of my group projects to be done as soon as possible.

With that, I took out my laptop, relevant notes and of course, earpiece from my bag as I began to work on the outstanding tasks that I currently have on my plate.

After a while, Ella finally arrived and the both of us had a mini tea break since Ella had brought some food along the way to the library. 

Talks about kids breaking the rules of not bringing any food into the library. 

Totally not us at all. Nope.

BUT, thank goodness she had bought some food from the cafeteria since my stomach was growling rather loudly in the library (as I may or may not have eaten my lunch). After the mini tea break, the both of us continued with our various outstanding tasks that we have to complete for the week until it was the evening time, where the both of us walked out of the school to head back home for dinner.

"So Ariella, do you have any plans for tonight?" Ella asked as we walked along the sheltered walkway in the school compound.

"Nope. What about you?" I replied, looking at her as I sanitized my hands after getting down from the escalator.